ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body issue

Clio 2 1.2 16v 2005
I am having a very weird situation with my 1.2 16v 2004 clio
I bought the car with no issues other than a leaky sunroof, I left it sitting with the occasional short run but I went to move it one day and the electrical light was on the dash, then when the throttle was touched an engine light appeared with the code “throttle actuator control”

some simple contact clear in the connections fixed this for a week or so until the same thing happened. Things went worse this time however, same code but high idle (1.5-2k) and slow throttle response and slow rev come down so I decided to buy a new pedal and clean out the throttle body

this so far has made no difference. Warning lights still there and still throttle problems. My next step is to buy a new throttle body but I don’t want to buy a new throttle body just for that not even being the problem

Can anyone help??

Clio 2 1.2 16v 2005
but I forgot to mention, it was in a limp mode of 3k revs the first time, then after being fixed it changed to 2k but now no limp mode but the lights are still there. The electrical light seems to come and go where as the engine light is there all the time

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
but I forgot to mention, it was in a limp mode of 3k revs the first time, then after being fixed it changed to 2k but now no limp mode but the lights are still there. The electrical light seems to come and go where as the engine light is there all the time
Not sure about the 1.2 but the 172/182 has a large white connector under the fuse box. This connector gets corroded and requires a good clean. It can cause all kinds of issues and it's well worth checking!