ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem Valver Electric Sunroof

Nicish day today so i though id open my sunroof. AAH wouldnt open!!!!!!

Tried everything still wont budge.

Is this a common problem with the electric sunroof on the valvers & has anyone got any advice on how i fix it or if i cant how much it will cost to get it fixed

is the motor turning but not opening the roof? Does it sound like the cogs are grinding? if so the motor has come apart, a plate has come seperated allowing the cog to slip above the worm gearing. take it out and fold the lip of the main casing back over. does that make sense. or check the fuse, check for power going to the motor, or check the motor.

Ian

Could just be the switch. Commen problem for the leccy windows, so assume it would be the same with the E/S/R too.....

I had the same prob only the other week. Take off the console cover and press the switch, if the little black cogg twitches its not your switch. Dont do it too much or you will break something. I used a ratchett and opened the sunroof by hand, cleaned up the runners and put new grease in and its fine. I think this time of year they seize up because you dont use them as much.

Ive got the same problem at the moment and is due to my sunroof leaking. Unfortunately when it rains hard, water leaks in from the sunroof seal and comes through my interior light and electric sunroof switch, hence HUGE problem!!!! This has possibly either blown a fuse or its made the switch faulty or both! Check to make sure your sunroof isnt leaking as this is expensive to repair, youd have to buy a whole new frame, you cant buy just the seal. If you have got a leak and once you manage to open your sunroof, buy a big tub of Vaseline and smear it thickly around the seal, ensuring there arent any gaps, this will prevent any future leaks. And dont worry, as long as you do it properly, you wont see the Vaseline! :)

Sorry, only just noticed youve sorted your problem - even though Ive stopped the leaks, I wish my electric sunroof was that easy to fix.....