ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with Clio 1.2

Clio. :)
Right, I have a Renault Clio 1.2 Expression+ 2002 plate.

It has recently been serviced.

When I go to pull off, I get a judder and sometimes loses power.
This leads to the emissions light coming on.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
is the anti tamper box still on at the back of the engine? (Middle)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
cant find a pic, if you open your bonnet, lean over the engine towards the back you will see a large plug to your right, and next to that on the left there is a little black metal box covering the injection computer plug.

Remove black box and have a look at the wires, i bet they are chaffed and shorting out on the black box.

Ive sorted out the same problem as you have described on many 1.2 16vs by throwing the black box in the bin.

cant find a pic, if you open your bonnet, lean over the engine towards the back you will see a large plug to your right, and next to that on the left there is a little black metal box covering the injection computer plug.

Remove black box and have a look at the wires, i bet they are chaffed and shorting out on the black box.

Ive sorted out the same problem as you have described on many 1.2 16vs by throwing the black box in the bin.

Cheers mate, will have a look tomorrow! Appreciate the help, gonna replace the coil pack soon aswell just to rule that out.

^ Yes check thats still there, If it is, Check its not rubbing against the wires.

Mine wasnt rubbing, But was rattling around so i took it off.

I've not noticed it before, but never really looked at the back of the engine to be honest. But thanks for your help everyone, I shall have a look tomorrow and let you all know! :)