ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with my cd player need help

Renault Clio
Hello the problem i have is i bought a second hand standard cd player for my clio and i had to get the display screen as mine didnt have one in my clio.
I installed them both but when i turn the stereo on and press any buttons just beeps no matter what i do and also nothing is on the display apart from the time.
My car also is fitted with the steering wheel stalk for the cd player but didnt come with the display?:/

Im a lil confused and really need help very much appriciated

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
What car and what year is it?

Sounds like you have the wrong stereo. They are either Tuner list or Update list. Pretty sure Update list started in 2005.

Renault Clio
What car and what year is it?

Sounds like you have the wrong stereo. They are either Tuner list or Update list. Pretty sure Update list started in 2005.
It is a renault clio 1.2 and its on a 53 reg
Im not really good with cars tbh just prefer the standard cd player

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You need a Tuner list stereo.

What does it say on the front of the one you have. You will also need the security code for it which is very easy to get.

Renault Clio
You need a Tuner list stereo.

What does it say on the front of the one you have. You will also need the security code for it which is very easy to get.
It says its a tuner list on the front and i have the security code aswell but just nothing on the dispay is appearing apart from the time

Renault Clio
You sure it's plugged in properly? Not being funny. Lol.
Yeah checked all wires but when i put the black and white block in the back of the cd player the display comes on and when i put the yellow block in it nothing comes up just beeps thats all, but i have put the yellow block in correctly

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sounds like the wrong set or it's locked. The set that is. You will need to leave it powered on I think and wait for code to flash up

Renault Clio
Sounds like the wrong set or it's locked. The set that is. You will need to leave it powered on I think and wait for code to flash up
How long do you recken to leave it on?
I have been told for the cd player to lockup its meant to say wait or error on the display, is that correct or does it not matter?