ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem with wonky ride height

mx5
Trying to set up my ride height before infer it aligned.

The front is fine, however at the rear is a bit funny.

One side is 15mm lower that the other side even though the height adjustable collars are the same height. I've set up quite a few coilovers before and never really came across this.

Question is, can I simply adjust so its the same height (measuring from the bottom of the rim to arch) Or is there something wrong elsewhere?

Any help would be great.

Rich

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Do not set coilovers up based upon how many threads you have wound it up, that is not the way to level a car or set its heights.
if you really want the car level, you need to measure it to and from a fixed point that doesn't move.
just having them at the same threaded height on the body of the strut doesn't factor in the cars different weight positions, so if that's how you have set up many coilovers previously.... Then I'm sorry to say that your method isn't ideal, and it could have been improved on ten fold.