ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem

1.2 16v Clio
Okay, I drive a 1.2 16v Clio and have been having problems quite recently
Since last week sometimes my car has almost 'jerked' when I reached high revs between gears (i.e. waiting to about 5000 rpm before changing from 3rd to 4th gear). When these 'jerks' happened the engine management light switched on for a matter of moments and then turned itself off again.

This happened twice inside a week and then 2 days ago I was out driving and pulled into McDonalds, I was sitting eating my food when my car randomly shut down. I restarted and it seemed grand and continued eating. Once I had finished I went to take off and I never stalled it but it cut out again. The car would then not start for about 10mins and eventually it did. It was turning over but not igniting as if there was no spark or no fuel allowing it to do so.

So I got it started after 10mins or so and it seemed grand when I was driving for approx. 10miles and then sitting in traffic it shut down again.
It would not start so I pushed it out of the way and tried starting it. The same thing happened again. When it was idling it seemed grand but wen I put a rev on it in neutral once it got to about 3000 rpm the engine management light switched on and the accelerator would not work as if I stalled the car. It was sort of 'chugging'. It was doing this for another 10mins or so, so I decided to get it on a trailer and get it home.

It was then left overnight and the next day it started first go no problems and I took it a few runs down the road to test it. I kept it going til 5500rpm each time before changng gears just to see what it would do. It seemed grand for a while so I decided to take it out tonight. I was driving it round town for about 45mins and it was okay but I had to stop at a junction on a hill and when I tried to do a hillstart it like almost 'stalled' again and engine management light came on and all power was lost. It then would not start for about 10mins but when it did I drove it home no problem just incase it happened again.

Does anyone know what this could be?