ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay so yes, my car is still under warranty. But i thought I'd ask here about this.

My passenger electric window has a problem. It will go down fine, but when it goes back up it stops half way and goes back down an inch or so. If i try to put it up again it does the same, then the next time i try it gets half way, stops, then i can get it all the way up.

Basically, i did a tiny bit of cutting when fitting new door speakers. Will this affect the warranty? The problem only arose yesturday! My stealer said changing speakers etc. won't be a problem when it comes to the warranty. Did he lie?

53 Clio's & counting
As long as you havent done anything that will effect the opteration of that window it 'should' be ok

The window runners are probably a bit "sticky".

When the window comes up against some resistance, it stops, and goes back down. This is to stop you trapping your arm or c0ck in the window basically.

Just get the dealers to sort it, although it's an easy fix.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
F UUU.

And thanks -Leigh-. I thought it might be as my drivers side one did it when i tried to trap my friends head in it.

F UUU.

And thanks -Leigh-. I thought it might be as my drivers side one did it when i tried to trap my friends head in it.

Strange, as that's how I found out about my windows doing it too!! He was waving his c0ck at some randoms, and I did the window up, and his head got caught. Actually it's all lies.

I imagine you just need to clean in between the rubbers. Don't put anything in there as it will go all over the glass.

M135i
this may work as it does on the meganes.

when the window is up, hold both of the window switches in the 'up' position for ten seconds and release. see if that solves the problem.

172 cup
It will go down fine, but when it goes back up it stops half way and goes back down an inch or so. If i try to put it up again it does the same, then the next time i try it gets half way, stops, then i can get it all the way up.

oh.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I dunno why, but i just laughed quite a lot at peak19's response.

Yeh well my mates are peni (penis, plural) and think its funny to put all the wipers up, and write lanky mobile in dirt on the back. Also sticking there heads in the window seems like a great LOL to them.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I dunno why, but i just laughed quite a lot at peak19's response.

Yeh well my mates are peni (penis, plural) and think its funny to put all the wipers up, and write lanky mobile in dirt on the back. Also sticking there heads in the window seems like a great LOL to them.

Your friends need a beating, and your mum won't be happy with you letting them do that to her car

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
If the window is sticking on the runners, then silicone spray down the runners may help. It's a common issue on proton's and older mitsubishi's, I have used the spray on a few cars and it has worked without perishing the rubber.