ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with auto-lights

OK, for some reason my 172 auto lights have decided to stop working. Now i know they can be disabled (by turning on and off the lights twice right?) but I dont remember doing thing and Ive tried it again to re-enable it and nothing. Is this the correct procedure - was driving at the time.

Thanks, Tony

Clio 200 FF

i think youre supposed to switch on / off twice with key in acc position - dash lights on not with engine running? .

THis happened to me too and it took me about 10 minutes trying to get them back on to automatic mode-its all about timing.

Turn on the ignition but dont startup. Turn on/off the headlights twice. Should get an acknowledgement beep. Turn off ignition then startup as normal then hey presto your blue thingies should bust into life (if below the light threshold) . Disabling is the same proceedure.

there you go ... !

Simon

I only found out the other day that you can set the doors to automatically lock when you go over 4mph by pressing the door lock button for 2 seconds with the ignition on.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ahh is that how you do it, i thought i read somewhere that you had to set it through the stereo ????

I will try the RAID just to see what its like now that I know how to arm/disarm it

Yeah I do but wasnt at home when posted. The settin in the stereo is probably to set the sensitivity of the loudness control - ie, when driving on motorways the stereo automatically gets louder and when you slow down it drops again - good for stopping those mornings getting into the car and being deafened.

hehe.

$ man auto-lights

If only I could be bothered to make the man page! :)

Daz.

(I cant believe I just posted something so sad! :D)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye I already knew about the speed setting within the stereo but for some reason I though I had read that is where the RAID setting was too.. nevermind must just be me going slightly mad :confused:

RTFM.. eh ... how about STFU..

joking ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Thank god I found this thread. Picked up a new Sport 172 a couple of days ago. Aside from the autochanger not being connected to the HU. Took all of 30 seconds to fix that!! Im still waiting for the manual to arrive. So Ive been struggling a little with all these fancy gadgets!!! Not had auto anything since my 306 GTi-6 a couple of years back.

Anyway, those auto headlamps have been causing me embarrassment driving into Brum. Every bridge or underpass and on the come, then off. People must think Im mad. At last I can stop it happening.

I also wondered why it wasnt locking itself as the demo I drove last week did. Ill sort that later too.

Anyone got any more useful titbits for me from the manual?

Cheers

Lee

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 10 February 2003

OK, for some reason my 172 auto lights have decided to stop working. Now i know they can be disabled (by turning on and off the lights twice right?) but I dont remember doing thing and Ive tried it again to re-enable it and nothing. Is this the correct procedure - was driving at the time.
Could you have flashed someone twice using the switch while you were driving Tony? If so, maybe that turned off the auto thing.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by hype on 11 February 2003

I only found out the other day that you can set the doors to automatically lock when you go over 4mph by pressing the door lock button for 2 seconds with the ignition on.
You must press and hold the door lock button UNTIL you hear a bleep other wise IT WILL NOT WORK! This method will set or unset auto locking.

2 seconds will not enable/disable this auto lock.

Bob RTE

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 11 February 2003

Yeah I do but wasnt at home when posted. The settin in the stereo is probably to set the sensitivity of the loudness control - ie, when driving on motorways the stereo automatically gets louder and when you slow down it drops again - good for stopping those mornings getting into the car and being deafened.
howd u do this then??

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

hold down the src button for a few seconds on the hu and a menu appears allowing you to turn on the speed altering volume thingy and a few other things too.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye only the standard one, unless you nak one has a speed pulse input, and the option in its menu.. which I doubt.

Nope! oh well, doesnt matter as I usually have it up loud anyways lol, And i know where the volume button or the remote is anyways hehe