ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems with ignition

Clio 1.4RT
Hi.

I have recently installed an aftermarket radio+ a sub. Now got a problem. Everytime I turn off the ignition, the whole car turns off. Mielage, radio, internal lights. The whole shabang. I've fiddled with wires to my heart content, and still it doesn't

If it helps, before i fiddled, when i turned off the ignition, the whole car stayed on, fans, radio, miles, the works.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Could it be a short? Or a fuse (i checked the fuses on the inside of he car, they look fine, but are there more somewhere else?

Its a Mk2 ph1 1.4RT if that helps?

Any help appreciated.

Will

When you say tunred off the ignitiion do you mean with the keys still turned in the barrel but engine just off?

Surly the easy wasy to check it uplug the bits you've plugged in?

Clio 1.4RT
no, i mean turned off and keys out.

Its like the battery live is gone, so only eh ignition live is working. The CD player and mile clock loose their memory every time.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You need to swap the battery+ and the Ign+ leads round, Renault wire differently from most car makers.

Also, make sure you haven't accidentally connected the amp output wire to the panel lights.