ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with standard head unit

Megane Cabriolet D+
Ive just recently fitted my standard head unit back into my Clio, hoping to get hold of a 6 cd changer soon and installing that too, but since ive replaced the stereo, when its been on for 20/30 mins whether its playing a cd or just the radio, it bleeps at me, then switches itself off.

Not sure why this is, can anybody tell me how to stop this from happening? also when its on, if i park up & turn the ignition off and take the key out, it doesnt stop the radio, i have to manually turn it off, should it be like this.

I cant remember what it was like beforehand because when i bought the car id already had an aftermarket stereo waiting to be fitted.

Cheers in advance guys.

Da

Less
Your switched and permanent lives are the wrong way round.
Swap them behind the HU and this will cure the problem.

Megane Cabriolet D+
This will cure both problems?

Ive not changed them when i installed the aftermarket head unit tho or doesnt that matter?

Da

Less
Yeah but the adaptor loom reverses the lives as most aftermarket HU's have different wiring to Renault.

Have you removed this adaptor?

Megane Cabriolet D+
Yea it came out the car with the aftermarket HU.

Just the two wires going into the back of the unit & the yellow stalk control wire.

Da

Less
Strange, but it definitely seems as though your live feeds are the wrong way round.

Megane Cabriolet D+
Its too dark to check tonight, i will have to slide out the HU tomorow after work & have a look.

Thanks for the replys tho.

V6 MK1
My stereo in my mk1 v6 has just started doing the staying on situation and I have not touched it fine yesterday but today this,

Don't mess with your wires yet shaun I would say they are not the problem