ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems...

PB172
Hey guys I hope one of you will be able to help me...

I started my ph2 172 before work and it started up fine, ticking over just above 1k didnt think nothing of it untill I noticed that the icon in the middle of the dash stayed illuminated. The icon was a heart beat monitor looking thing, yellow/orange in color and stayed on.

I switched my engine off. Left it for 5 minutes and then started it again, the light dissapeared so I pulled away and about 10 meters up the road the same light came on along with the engine management light and the car was then stuck in 'limp mode'...

I had a lok through the Renault book and all I can come across is it could be an electrical fault or a pre engine heating fault.

This was at 15:30 today. I have just got home and started the engine again to see if it is still there and now the ehart beat icon doesn't light up but the engine management light is still lit up. I didn't even bother trying it up the road.

Anyone know what I should do? There's a garage on the corner of my cul-de-sac, should I take it there and get them to run a computer diagnostics?

Thanks in advance. :(

Edit: Pic of what lit up earlier todsy but seems to of dissapeared:

img0634vc.jpg

Last edited: