ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

probs already

iceberg 172
had the 172 today already got robs! the car wont start most of the time! the fuel pump primes and spins over for a few seconds! push the car on to a flat any it goes! any ideas?

iceberg 172
had the 172 today already got robs! the car wont start most of the time! the fuel pump primes and spins over for a few seconds! push the car on to a flat any it goes! any ideas?

sorry that was last night when i had a drink lol. i open the car with the remote key, get in and try to start the car and the engine spins over a few time then stops! its like the immobiliser is stopping it from running! i found that if the car is parked on a slope it does it. push it onto the flat surface and it goes first time!

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorry that was last night when i had a drink lol. i oen the car with the remote key, get in and try to start the car and the engine spins over a few time then stops! its like the immobiliser is stopping it from running! i found that if the car is parked on a slope it does it. push it onto the flat surface and it goes first time!

you got petrol?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
gutted, erm alternator maybe? Im sure someone with more knowledge will help, check battery terminals. As my 182 used to do a similar thing and they were loose and a bit rusty

3 Series touring
clean the starter motor contacts, i doubt its that but you'll kick yourself if you spend hours solving it....and its that

172 Cup
Any lights staying on on the dashboard.

The most common cause of this seems to be TDC sensor found just under the throttle body.