ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Production Delays

Just had this email from Newcardiscount.com

"Your original estimated date of delivery was October. I can now confirm that
delivery has been delayed until end of November possibly beginning
December.I realise that this is a much longer waiting period than you and
ourselves were expecting however there appears to be delays at the Renault factory, which is affecting production of all Renault Clio 172s, over which understandably we have no control. Many people are experiencing delays in taking delivery of their Clios from different sources and its been sugested that official Renault Dealers are having supply problems as well."

Anybody know anything about this delay, was thinking if Mr Townsend could shed any light?

I cant believe I have to wait another 7/8 weeks......gutted :(

'18 Megane dci

Just called my official Renault dealer today to check up, called me back 20 mins later, no problems, my 172 is still go for Nov 7th delivery (Ordered Sep 4th). :)

Mines being delivered in 8 days (17th) finally after ordering it on 26th July!!!! Apparently there is an issue getting hold of the cruise control parts!

7/8 weeks! Pah stop moaning!

Ordered a 172 last week of July and am being told it may be ready to pick up end of October..unfortunately everything closes down for the whole of August?!

Yep, most of France shuts down for August, My father used to work for a French based company and its manufacturing plants in france would also shut down for August!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

That e-mail came from Janice at New Car Discount did it? Shes copied almost word for word my e-mail to her, chasing up where my Cup is. I was concerned that they didnt have a confirmed allocation of Cups, and were just sat on my deposit until I finally gave up and asked for it back. So to try and get some comfort I made up the following and asked...

"Im hearing rumours on the internet that many people are experiencing delays in taking delivery of their Clio Cups from differing sources. Its been suggested that official Renault dealers are having supply problems as well and Ive even heard that Renault may soon stop production of the Clio Cup altogether.

Can you confirm that I will be supplied with a Clio Cup as per your previous e-mail...I just want to make sure that I dont get to November 5th for you to say We cant get hold of Clio Cups anymore."

She replied and confirmed that their "supplier" will receive my Cup on 4th November and I should see it around 7th November...but then I did order it in the middle of July!

fao pete172, I ordered mine mid of aug and got it saturday without cruise, did you specify at time of order that you had cruise fitted, as a lot of people didnt even know about it till september time, my broker was unaware of it.....

I asked my local reno dealer about cruise control in august (read a thread on here about it) and he didnt have a clue, first hed heard about it, asked why Id want it, eventually confirmed it two weeks later!

Ziel Nurburgring

Orded mine at the end of Aug and just made the cut off for the new additions. Dealer in Maidenhead said it wasnt supposed to get be released until the 1st of sept! Well see if theyre blagging in about 3 weeks!! Oh the agony of waiting

I was told by a dealer that all renaults prices were going up as from the 1st October, he even showed me a fax from them.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I ordered my 172 at the beginning of august and was given a delivery date of the 16th of October, I phoned last week to ask for an update and I was told that it would be the 20th, I got a phone call yesterday saying that it would arrive on the 21st now - but Im not sure whether or not thats the date that it arrives at the dealer or the date Ill pick it up - so at present its either the 21st or 23rd - ive currently been put back a week.

When I ordered the car the renault website was showing that cruise control was fitted - jeremey townsend posted sometime in july that all cars from that period forward would have cruise - I doubt anybody who placed an order after his message has received their car yet as renault apparently didnt start building 172s again until the 21/22 of september....

Adrian

I just spoke to my renault dealer and he has confirmed that currently my car will be ready for 27th OCT. Im getting it friends and family discount though so hopefully hell be doing his best to guarantee early delivery (already been brought forward 2 weeks!!)

Boyo

VaVa

I ordered mine from New-car-discount.com and was originally told that delivery would be around mid october. As mid October is nearly upon us, I sent janice a couple of e-mails, without reply. So I have just rung them up......... and there was no answer.....it just rang out....... gulp. WTF?!!!! has anybody spoke to them in the last couple of days?

lagerlout1,

Got email yesterday(Wed), and usually reply to emails same or next day.

It looks as if I am not alone in my wait I just thought it was a long time seen as ordered it 26 of August!!!

Would have got an older one but wanted the new cruise control gadget, ah well good things come to those who wait......so I am told.

Impreza Turbo

i was told on monday that my clio was in Southampton, with a delivery date of the 9th October on it, it should have been with me on the 29th September, guess what, im still waiting to for it. it hasnt even left Southampton yet. :mad:

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Well im gettin pissed off with my dealer too at the mo! I rang up to confirm my colection date of the 16th (For a 172) and yes that was correct an that i should start thinkin bout cover notes etc blah blah! Got home from work the same day to an answer phone message from the same garage bout 20mins after i rang them tellin me it was now gonna be the 22nd at the earliest! so i rang the salesman id bin dealin wth an he assured me it was the 16th so ive got no idea when mines gonna be here!! If at all!!

ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!1

'18 Megane dci

Ive got the strangest thought in the back of my mind that soon Renault are going to tell everyone with a 172 order that they will have to wait for the new model in 2005!

The mind wonders........

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Barnsleylad on 09 October 2003

lagerlout1,

Got email yesterday(Wed), and usually reply to emails same or next day.

It looks as if I am not alone in my wait I just thought it was a long time seen as ordered it 26 of August!!!

Would have got an older one but wanted the new cruise control gadget, ah well good things come to those who wait......so I am told.
I sent two e-mails this week, and did not receive a reply. I rang up again earlier and got through to someone else ( not Janice ). He flaffed about for a bit ( " I dont usually work on delivery updates" he said) and eventually told me that my car is expected to be with the dealer on the 24th Novenber and that I should get it a couple of days after that!! I just hope it gets here before christmas!!!

Must admit that although I cant see myself using the cruise control other than to show off, Im glad mine will have it!!

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 09 October 2003

fao pete172, I ordered mine mid of aug and got it saturday without cruise, did you specify at time of order that you had cruise fitted, as a lot of people didnt even know about it till september time, my broker was unaware of it.....
Thats because it came through a "broker" and not a renault dealership.

As Ive said before, I dont think the brokers physically put in your order until they have reached a set amount. So if you order through them the day after theyve just put an order in for 20 cars you will have to wait until they have another 20 buyers before they submit your order. Which could be several weeks. One of the reasons I paid a few hundred punds more to buy from a dealer.

Exactly right. Theres no delay once the order has been placed by the Renault Dealer. I suspect that the delay has been between you placing the order with the broker and that order being placed on the factory by the Renault Dealer.

Theres blue 03 172 and Cup at my local dealers yesterday, theyve had them for a month or two now and still not sold them. Kettering Northants.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Well renault just get better!! I was passing the dealership ive ordered my 172 from yesterday so i called in to try an get a more definate delivery date! Due 16th Oct originaly. But ive had dates everywhere from the 10th to the 24th! anyway i asked if they knew anymore and the response was not the 1 i was lookin for! They are now unsure of my delivery date and will contact me when they know more!! :cry:

Im even more peeved cos thye last new renault i bought had to be ordered twice as come delivery time it was realised it had gone missing somewhere between france and the dealership!! Startin to get worrying feelins of Deja Vu!!!!