ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Release date is 28th October (Unless you buy the expensive edition which grants access to the campaign up to a week earlier). Warzone 2's release date however is unconfirmed (Though apparently it is NOT releasing simultaneously with MW2). Rumours today are suggesting a release date of 16th November.

All digital edition pre-orders will grant access to the public/open betas:

Time to Play: Weekend One: First on PlayStation®7

The first Beta weekend is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and is scheduled to run from Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 AM PT. This weekend is for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players only. You are able to access the Beta without requiring the PlayStation Plus subscription service.7, 8

PlayStation Early Access: Those who preordered the game on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, or those who received a Beta code, can begin playing the Beta on Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT.

PlayStation Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Sunday, September 18 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 AM PT, is accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of preorder status. PlayStation players can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II and can unlock rewards available in-game at launch.

Time to Play: Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)2

The second Beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10 AM PT. Crossplay will be active, allowing you to partywith friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.

PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: No matter whether you preordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 and 5 owners.

Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who preordered the game for Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, or who pre-purchased for PC via Battle.net or Steam can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT. Xbox Live Gold Subscription is required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net or Steam9account.

Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10AM PT, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of preorder status. The entire community can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II. Xbox Live Gold Subscription will not be required for Xbox players, for this period only.

I for 1 cannot wait as (I think we will all agree) Caldera has been a disappointment since its release. Way way too many guns now that Warzone 1 has spanned 3 COD titles (MW, Black OPs and Vanguard).

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I may have already bought the expensive edition 👀
Same.
Because f**k it.

I'll hammer the campaign a week early in work.
My first day off shift coincides with the warzone launch.

200.gif

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I was gonna splurge on the expensive edition also 🤣

Sucks that Playstation folk get open beta access first but at least one doesn't need to have a pre-order to partake in it. So run with the peasants for that then join the men (PCMR) for the proper beta ;)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The campaign snippets definitely did look "pretty".

There is a "leaked map" going around which apparently shows the new Wz map. If its accurate then its a win because it looks more Verdansk than it does Caldera.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Trust me to be on the other side of the world for when the beta comes out. Looking at earlier flights home tbh.

Looking forward to it. Caldera is utter aids. It would be great if they included weather factors and day/night time mods into BR. As stated 1 set of game title weapons should be the way forward.

I also hope they don't show the circle prior to landing. I've never understood why they do this? It's BR FFS. Literally makes half of the map redundant and cramped if the circle is as far down the corner of the map as it can be. On that note, hope they get rid of balloons also. From when Warzone came out they've included add ons to make it easier to escape the gas. That's not really the point of a BR. Land and get loot, then travel to the circle. All these fast track options take away the entire point of having gas circles in the first place.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You guys pre order on Battlenet or Steam? I might end up caving in because I never bought MW 2019 by the time I was on Warzone Cold war was nearly out so I never saw the point.

Also Charlieintel on twitter shared the info about Warzone 2 possibly coming out on November 16. Will be nice just to have a fresh start again new guns without carrying all the old stuff over. Hopefully they do a good job.

The week early campaign is a pretty good idea. Generally I wouldn't touch it but because it's available a week early it seems they obviously put effort in and want people to play it so could be worth a blast if I do pre order.

Not showing circle is a good idea. It was like that in champions of caldera because of the constantly moving circle it always started full map and it definitely helped spread everyone out. Like I mentioned the other night I think they added the balloons because moving between each POI can be pretty insufferable especially near peak and other areas with a lot of elevation. It is f**king annoying when you get a team pinned and they just jump right over you though. The redeploy balloons made that even worse. That said it's saved me as well as taken kills from me.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I never really got into warzone, prefer multi player. Might give it another go for this.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Looking forward to it. Hoping it'll rekindle some motivation to play.

Can't remember the last time I played WZ. Caldera properly killed off any of the gaming me and my mates did.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Looking forward to this after the disappointment of the last two multiplayers.

Will have to get a preorder in because I know I’ll be buying it anyway.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You guys pre order on Battlenet or Steam? I might end up caving in because I never bought MW 2019 by the time I was on Warzone Cold war was nearly out so I never saw the point.

Also Charlieintel on twitter shared the info about Warzone 2 possibly coming out on November 16. Will be nice just to have a fresh start again new guns without carrying all the old stuff over. Hopefully they do a good job.

The week early campaign is a pretty good idea. Generally I wouldn't touch it but because it's available a week early it seems they obviously put effort in and want people to play it so could be worth a blast if I do pre order.

Not showing circle is a good idea. It was like that in champions of caldera because of the constantly moving circle it always started full map and it definitely helped spread everyone out. Like I mentioned the other night I think they added the balloons because moving between each POI can be pretty insufferable especially near peak and other areas with a lot of elevation. It is f**king annoying when you get a team pinned and they just jump right over you though. The redeploy balloons made that even worse. That said it's saved me as well as taken kills from me.

I pre-ordered the vault edition on Battlenet.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I pre-ordered on steam, then found out you couldn't access some of the benefits of buying the the expensive version. So cancelled, got a refund and bought again on battleshite.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Tbh, I’m over the moon there looks to be a decent campaign. So many games nowadays are doing away with it, it’s hugely disappointing.

I love a good campaign. I replay them and still get enjoyment out of replaying the good ones now.

This one looks very “pretty” as @N0ddie notes. Let’s hope it will test my set up and also have a storyline / gameplay to match the graphics.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Love a good campaign, however CW one was horrific for crashing not only the game, but the Xbox too.
Really put me off the whole pre-ordering malarkey.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, I’m over the moon there looks to be a decent campaign. So many games nowadays are doing away with it, it’s hugely disappointing.

I love a good campaign. I replay them and still get enjoyment out of replaying the good ones now.

This one looks very “pretty” as @N0ddie notes. Let’s hope it will test my set up and also have a storyline / gameplay to match the graphics.
Good shout tbh. Might play through MW again now I can install more than 2 games on the PS5.
I had it on my PS4 at work and one day the campaign was gone 😂

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yours crashed again yet?

No Old Boy, fyi it was the game crashing not pc due to corrrupt direct x drivers after windows 10 - 11 install.

I am thinking about going controller for the aim assist benefits, what’s your thoughts on this? 😝

Anyway back on topic! Pre-ordered last night also.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
To those buying the game through Battlenet; in order to get the in season XP boosts you must purchase the game through the "in game store" ie. the bit where they sell skins and blueprints.

Ordering it on Battlenet store will result in your account not being credited these items.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
16th November is now official release date for Warzone 2.

Map is called Al Mazrah. Thankfully looks more Verdansk and less Caldera.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Also. Multi-circle closures. 1 playzone splits into 3 then back to 1.

•Vehicles Now Run Out Of Gas Which Can Be Refilled At Gas Stations
•You Can Shoot Vehicle Tires Which Will Affect Handling
•No More Slide Cancel 🍾
•Inflatable Decoys
•DDOS Device Which Will Block Heartbeat Sensors

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Loving the look of airport, looks just like the inside of the original mw2 map.