ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Products to protect red paint?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nein! Cleanse > Glaze > Jett. Finish of utter perfection

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at my EZ creme on the shelf but decided against it.
After seeing signs of protection from Prime > JS109 > Dodo SN 6 months on, I'm a firm believer of the notion that LSP will only hold as well as the coat underneath it.
So, seeing as its winter I went straight for Jett to give more of a garuantee of durability over looks. I'll save glazing for summer.

On that note, Gally, now your all C1'd up will you be able/have the need for a spring detail?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Truth be told mate I think I will. Especially if we're going to css.

The C1 will still be underneath.

I'll probably lightly cleanse, glaze and then decide on Lsp. Might just stick Jett on it even though it's summer. After Layers it's almost the best it's looked. It's a strong mettalic so sometimes a sealant actually is best. Especially when it's werkstat.

Agreed on the winter thing. Definitely no glazing.

Did you see my 2010 winter detail write up or my Mini write up with Celeste and Ez creme?

I will apply Gtechniq products to any future car I own but it would stop me topping C1 for shows/summer etc.

Some pics of prime in action... No lsp btw...

577009c9-1641-542f.jpg

577009c9-1655-ece9.jpg

577009c9-166d-6cf9.jpg

You can see that the sun isn't even directly on some of it yet the flake is going crazy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I found EZ creme significantly shorten the life of a couple of LSP I tried it with. I prefer to use tripple now as it still fills well but doesn't seem to shorten their duability

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't sure about tripple Dave because it has it's own lsp so anything on top would surely be affected even more.

EZ should be fine under anything bar nano sealants with it being acrylic.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've only used tripple with AF waxes so they should in threory work together as I've never left it without a wax over to start degrading.

Will have another play with EZ at some point, still have 95% left and vics red and yellow pots of wax to get through.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
<3 Vics Red. Lovely wax to use. Performance isn't higher end but neither is the price.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah sorry Matt, I knew I seen your thread somewhere. Think I linked the wrong one.