ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 1.2 Cruise Control w/clip

First off my car was wired from bulkhead inside the cabin I had to create the wiring loom from the bulkhead connector R107 to the ECU.

I have the D4F 712 variant with the ECU mounted to the rear of the block/rocker cover.

After a session programming the dials (they are PH3 so they're digital) I've got the limiter to activate with ignition on and SET ---- is visible

beru8a9e.jpg

Yet once the switch is changed to CC no green light emits and clip doesn't see the status mode activate but limiter mode is visible.

Neither of the steering controls for CC are seen, I'm unsure if this is anything to do with me not enabling anything on the ECU to do with CC/Limiter

yrunabeg.jpg

I've belled the wires from my loom into the cabin and they're fine I've also fitted the clutch switch.

I'm having fun browsing the French Clio forums for similar issue to see if they've resolved it.

Now it could be I need to enable CC in the ECU, to which CONFIGURATION is greyed out or my clutch may not be earthing too thus not enabling CC to activate.
AlexW GrahamS

Many.
TBH, I've never done it on a 1.2. I'm surprised the config option is greyed out (I get what you meant in your PM now).

Switch is deffo good isnt it? (thinking perhaps the cruise control side of the switch isn't working?)

Shame you're not closer.

Yeah Graham showed me screenshots of the process on his diesel and thinking it would be the simple same as that but petrol injection instead.

Confused how it's greyed out unless it needs a specific method to allow me to do the config.

I hadn't actually done a continuity test on it. But then still doesn't explain the steering controls not being seen on clip diag, unless ECU needs to be programmed for them to be seen.

Yeah I know my sisters down your neck of the woods if I've not sorted by the next I'm down haverhill I'll pop by.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you go into the list of status it should show - + R or O for the cruise control buttons when you press them. Also limited or regulated for speed control.

You could take the switch out and put a wire between a2 and a3 which should turn cruise on. I found on Lauren's digital dials that the green cruise light was far dimmer than the orange speed limiter light.

Have you tried driving along and test the speed limiter? My dci worked without configuring it to have cruise/speed limiter but it was just a little rougher

Yeah I did a functions test and + - R O were not visible by clip I'm gonna bell every single wire from switch to ECU to check there isn't a break in the site.

I've tried putting a wire between and cruise doesn't turn on, even if it's faint the set ---- doesn't appear on the dash when I try to engage CC.

I've tried driving along and I can't even turn on the limiter, I think it's due to me having a status 1 on deactivation of cruise/limiter on a function test which means something isn't quite right whether that be wiring or programming, I don't know just yet.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Not a functions test but this bit where it says steering wheel buttons. Try something you know works like the brake pedal switch and then have a button press.

Screenshot2014-06-12123820_zpsee67cc2c.png

Odd that the speed limiter doesn't work!

I've just belled all the wires they are fine!

CC switch is fine, steering buttons read right values etc.

I think what's stopping anything happening is the status 1 on CC/Limiter deactivation which is a fault but I don't know where!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you click on the code number does anything come up. It should tell you what status 1 means.

In the above screen shot et266 is clickable to give info about the status meaning

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
When you turn the ignition to the second click the ECU has all the inputs of when it's running. The cruise light will show and buttons show function without the engine running

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
When you turn the ignition to the second click the ECU has all the inputs of when it's running. The cruise light will show and buttons show function without the engine running

I am doing the tests with ignition on second click. I have reprogrammed the dials to without and then I'm going to program them back again as I swapped to my original dials thinking my ones weren't compatible. So I'll try from scratch again if that makes any difference but I still have no way of enabling CC/L in the ECU unless it's not needed.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Try your original dials I suppose. Sounds like the ECU needs a little persuading but I have no idea how. Maybe MicKPM can shed infinite wisdom

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That Sagem ECU will not "do" cruise, I'm certain it is unable to hold a load site

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Cruise control doesn't go through the UCH but at this age of clio I thought they were all n3 but some programmed as n2

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
But management system isn't, it's the ECU that does it. You need to check hardware version

I think this is going to come to a stop unless I gain infinite wisdom.
MicKPM is this hardware version inept of holding CC?

If not is there another version ECU that I can replace it with alongside UCH etc...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You need the later S3000 I'm afraid and that won't work with your CAN

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Hey guys, looking for your advice but sorry if i'm hijacking the thread a little! Wheres the best way to start trying to retrofit CC into my MK3 1.2? I know its an option that wasn't selected on the car, and I know the wiring is there behind the dash for the buttons by the headlight adjuster. Its the ECU i'm worried about holding a load like you have been discussing. Is there any easy way to find out if it can/what type of ECU my car has?

clio ii (bb05)
hi guys. i made a mini research for the matter. i think its an ECU job for the cc to work. i found out that clio ii ph4 1.2 16v (campus) supports cruise cotnrol. it has a uch N2 but the motor changes it uses a D4F 722 NOT a D4F712. it also uses another ECU and NOT magnetti marelli like the D4F 712 does.