ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It looks like the TT on here has died, I was more interested in career and online tbh but if it was running I'd probably join in from time to time but doesn't look active enough as I think a few people lost interest in the game.

I've been through no end of controller configurations trying to get it feeling just right and think I'm about there now, I think most people use mode 3 but I prefer mode 2.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
It looks like the TT on here has died, I was more interested in career and online tbh but if it was running I'd probably join in from time to time but doesn't look active enough as I think a few people lost interest in the game.

I've been through no end of controller configurations trying to get it feeling just right and think I'm about there now, I think most people use mode 3 but I prefer mode 2.
What does the mode do? Is there definition for each?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's annoying as there's not a proper explanation anywhere on what all the controller settings do.

I found preset 1 was crap, something to do with the deadzone being different but I'm not sure how or why just know it felt rubbish.

Mode 2 and 3 are bit more similar, I found preset 2 more twitchy and you can have a higher speed sensitivity (which helps keeps tyres cooler) it seemed to help me correct or save slides before they got out of hand too. Preset 3 just felt 'heavier' but was a more safe option as the car seemed to stay more balanced but going through fast chicanes would be harder.

Best thing unfortunately is to practice and try out different things to make perfect for you.

If you wanna try my settings give it a go, I've spent ages getting it to suit me but you might hate it.
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 20

Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 0
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 70
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 50
Speed Sensitivity 60
Controller Filtering sensitivity 10

Advanced OFF.
Preset 2

The main ones to pay attention too are bold the others can suit you, my brake sensitivity is high for example because I like to feather the left trigger on xbox rather than pull it right back.

The steering deadzone you might wanna increase if the car feels floaty or pulls a bit, usually if the controller is old and worn.

DCi
I always have throttle and brake dead zone at the lowest non 0 setting because I rest my feet on the pedals and I never use 10% brake anyway

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I always have throttle and brake dead zone at the lowest non 0 setting because I rest my feet on the pedals and I never use 10% brake anyway

Yeah true depends on set up too. If I had pedals I'd probably do the same. I've not really found myself pulling the triggers unconsciously.

This game makes it tempting to get a proper set up tbh but don't think the missus would like it lol.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
It's annoying as there's not a proper explanation anywhere on what all the controller settings do.

I found preset 1 was crap, something to do with the deadzone being different but I'm not sure how or why just know it felt rubbish.

Mode 2 and 3 are bit more similar, I found preset 2 more twitchy and you can have a higher speed sensitivity (which helps keeps tyres cooler) it seemed to help me correct or save slides before they got out of hand too. Preset 3 just felt 'heavier' but was a more safe option as the car seemed to stay more balanced but going through fast chicanes would be harder.

Best thing unfortunately is to practice and try out different things to make perfect for you.

If you wanna try my settings give it a go, I've spent ages getting it to suit me but you might hate it.
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 20

Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 0
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 70
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 50
Speed Sensitivity 60
Controller Filtering sensitivity 10

Advanced OFF.
Preset 2

The main ones to pay attention too are bold the others can suit you, my brake sensitivity is high for example because I like to feather the left trigger on xbox rather than pull it right back.

The steering deadzone you might wanna increase if the car feels floaty or pulls a bit, usually if the controller is old and worn.
Cheers for this, I'll give it a go tonight.
I had another play last night and so far I just can't get into it. I really want to enjoy it but the controls are killing it for me.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I've given up and bought Forza 5 today for £12.
I'm sure the game would be brilliant with a wheel but with a controller I find it impossible to get on with.
It's a shame as it seems to do everything else so well.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've given up and bought Forza 5 today for £12.
I'm sure the game would be brilliant with a wheel but with a controller I find it impossible to get on with.
It's a shame as it seems to do everything else so well.
I tried it literally for about 30secs with the keyboard - and about the same with the 360 controller. Both were utter horse for me.
The Logitech G25 was made for this game - it really does transform it with a wheel & pedals combo.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Forza does have it nailed where driving games with a controller is concerned imo. I do think a bit of practice etc and you can get it pretty good though just not up there with a steering wheel which lets face it your never going to get the same accuracy with an analogue stick. Main trouble I have with using a pad is overheating the front tyres from applying too much lock when it's not needed etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So where's this 2.0 patch and monthly free car then?

2.0 is in Microsoft hands. It failed initially due to a wheel (which isn't even out yet) crashing the xbox or something so SMS had to resubmit the patch.

Hopefully fingers crossed its out tomorrow but could be next week. No one really knows by sounds of it except maybe Microsoft. DLC is ready to go out afaik but 2.0 needs to land on the xbox first.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Holding out for the 2.0 update, if it's no better it's going on eBay and I'll be sticking with Forza

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's out now fyi.. Also for xbox only at the minute in TT we have the Ruapuna GP circuit and other layouts.

Goliath I
If they were unable to update games after they came out, Project Cars would still be around 6 months away from being released.

It does make you wonder though how sloppy are developers going to get? As they may well take on the 'oh, we'll iron the bugs out after release' approach in getting their game on the shelves. Which means we end up paying full price for an unfinished game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If they were unable to update games after they came out, Project Cars would still be around 6 months away from being released.

It does make you wonder though how sloppy are developers going to get? As they may well take on the 'oh, we'll iron the bugs out after release' approach in getting their game on the shelves. Which means we end up paying full price for an unfinished game.

I do feel sorry for the developers in a way. Long gone are the days of shoving a game onto a small tape or single disk - games are immense in size now - GTAV is 65GB or so, as an example. There are months, if not years of work that goes into all the variables within the game - add to that the multi-national aspect of games these days where a dozen language options isn't uncommon. That all adds to the length of development.

However, the biggest issue is with the Internet itself. Rumours, interviews, forums, half-truths - all badger the developers to get the bloody product out onto Steam or through Origin. There's little let-up for them. I recall waiting for games, having read small introductory pieces within the Zzap64 mag. You didn't question how long it would take - it arrived when it arrived.

Of course, there are glaringly obvious issues that need addressing on a games' release - and those can be REALLY annoying. But the scale of games now means that patches will be hear to stay. Unless of course, there's a unanimous acceptance that broken games will be the norm.

The other issue I have is where developers (ironically) try to constantly improve the game to make it better. Take Wasteland 2 for example. On its original release, the game needed patching. Some quests were broken and dependant upon what skills your team had, some areas of the game didn't work. So they patched it. Then they patched it again. Then they added more content for free. Then they turned around and said that the Unity engine that the game was written in, has got a new version being released. So now the game's core is being completely re-written and then reissued as a huge patch. I've delayed and delayed starting the damn thing in earnest because of all these 'improvements'!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Developers aren't getting sloppy in my opinion. The constraints placed upon them are ridiculous (from the publishers), the expectations and demands of the gaming public are ever-increasing and - as Darren points out - a game is an incredibly complex thing these days. Speaking specifically of Project Cars, for a small studio that funded this out their own pockets I think it's pretty good. The association and release on the various platforms didn't result in a huge wad of cash from Microsoft and Sony either hence cash reserves have not been plentiful. Despite it's relative success it hasn't made much profit.

DCi
My favourite thing on this game is to see how sideways I can send cars round that down hill left at the start of Oulton Park and still keep control

This wasn't my best effort but it's fun

M8Paw06.jpg

Also, dunno what the in game screenshot key is because print screen doesn't work :-/

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Games bugged to f**k I'm sick of waiting. After spending ages tuning on some tracks the set ups have gone. It'll only save on tracks A-D now anything after that is default no matter what I do.

Given up playing online until they fix this bug. 3 months after release and such trivial problems is starting to feel more like a joke now lol anyway rant over.

I've taken to tuning on azure coast for a bit now as it saves there. Spent about 3 hours last night getting the R8 just right.

Goliath I
Games bugged to f**k I'm sick of waiting. After spending ages tuning on some tracks the set ups have gone. It'll only save on tracks A-D now anything after that is default no matter what I do.

Given up playing online until they fix this bug. 3 months after release and such trivial problems is starting to feel more like a joke now lol anyway rant over.

I've taken to tuning on azure coast for a bit now as it saves there. Spent about 3 hours last night getting the R8 just right.

I don't really play online mainly the career mode. Thing that's annoying me most is that the backmarkers don't seem to be blue flagged and you have to actually race them to pass them.

I'm not great at setting up the car which probably makes it a bit more difficult lol

I'm currently racing Formula B and I'm at the Azure Circuit, I can't get the car right at all. Any tips for a setup?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really play online mainly the career mode. Thing that's annoying me most is that the backmarkers don't seem to be blue flagged and you have to actually race them to pass them.

I'm not great at setting up the car which probably makes it a bit more difficult lol

I'm currently racing Formula B and I'm at the Azure Circuit, I can't get the car right at all. Any tips for a setup?

I did Formula B championship too, can't remember my set up without looking at xbox and I'm yet to upload it to here.. http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar I've got quite a few on there now but not onto the Formula cars yet just search user 'Arizer'.

This may help you out a bit, I use it sometimes if I struggle setting the car up.

byemI.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there's some pretty cool added features in 3.0 hope it doesn't take forever to get on Xbox like the last one.

DCi
I might actually be tempted to dabble in setup with instructions like that...

I was getting a bit of oversteer last night

There must be a proper screenshot key lol

RS Clio 182
Patch 3.0 looks massive and a further improvement to the game - tyre wear indicator is a big addition for me. Just went back on this after a few weeks on F12015...the graphics are so much better,more vibrant and just looks a better quality.

Goliath I
Will they be updating it so you can see what tyre you and the other drivers are on?

You select 'Automatic by Weather' but end up starting the race not actually having a clue what tyre I've got on.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Will they be updating it so you can see what tyre you and the other drivers are on?

You select 'Automatic by Weather' but end up starting the race not actually having a clue what tyre I've got on.

* Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system – players can now see in real time which tyre compounds they are currently using, what each tyre’s pressure is, and how much each tyre is worn.

Don't think you will know about what the AI are on.

Goliath I
* Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system – players can now see in real time which tyre compounds they are currently using, what each tyre’s pressure is, and how much each tyre is worn.

Don't think you will know about what the AI are on.

Cool, would still like to be able to know what the other cars are using, helps when making strategic decisions.

Goliath I
I just want them to fix the FFB for the Thrustmaster TX wheel. Game is unplayable at the moment.
If it's any consolation the FFB on controller is s**t too.

Im tempted to get the Thrustmaster 458 wheel (non FFB) as it's on,y about £60.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
If it's any consolation the FFB on controller is s**t too.

Im tempted to get the Thrustmaster 458 wheel (non FFB) as it's on,y about £60.
On the wheel though, they've messed up the FFB so much that you'll go down a straight with the steering wheel violent whipping back and forth and the FFB is way too strong. So much so the wheel starts to overheat.

Goliath I
I've been playing the Openwheels Formula B and A lately and I've had to turn the damage off.

If I can get through the absolute cluster f**k that is the first corner, get past a back marker without him smashing me off the track, I still get some plum wiping me out... And after an hour of racing with two laps left to go, it kind of takes the enjoyment out of the game.