ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project-Carz.com Xmas Meet - Kent

172 MK2
Hi all,

Project-Carz are mainly a Kent based site, but would like to invite you all to their Xmas meet on 4th December in Ashford, Kent.

I know this is kind of a select area only but thought I would post it on here to see if anyone is interested.

Xmasmeet.jpg

Max Power have been invited to attend.

Thanks

Swifty

3 Series touring
can see quite alot of the south east lot being able to make this.....but is it going to be a really max poower event filled with tracksuit clad braaavs?

172 MK2
Lol at the end of the day its a group of people coming together for a meet that is organised by the club I own. We are 3rd in the Max Power Car Club of the Year, so they have been invited and the event is advertised on their forums and likewise other sites so whoever turns up, turns up - the majority of people will all be there for one thing, but of course every event like this gets the occassional knobber!

3 Series touring
^^ fair point sir...
think im gonna get the ball rolling then
1.Bennyboy182

SG9 Forester STi
Think I know what to expect but I'll probably head down to see whats cracking.

1.Bennyboy182
2. Vickyx

172 MK2
As above, the point in the club is that it is aimed for everyone, no matter what they drive. Although the name is "Project" Carz, anyone is welcome to join who is into modifying or the car scene in general, even if they drive a standard motor or something that's completely crazy and over the top - because any car can be a project to someone!

There is a wide variety of Cars on the forum from 650bhp Skylines to 1.0 Micra's :)

500 Twinair
1. Bennyboy182
2. Vickyx
3. adam172
4. Timmyd

I am up for this, and there are alot more renaultsports in ashford that would come along, but reckon it will get shut down by the police in no time cos they are clamping down on meets like this in ashford.

1. Bennyboy182
2. Vickyx
3. adam172
4. Timmyd
5. Clio-Ell

I'll come along if you guys do. Probably going to be quite a big turn out like tim says.

172 MK2
The Police have been informed and there will be at least 2 Officers in the Car Park at all times.

From experience of meets that I have been too, this has always been an advantage and the Police are more than willing to help us out. It is the first meet that has been organised by us on this scale, so obviously we would like for it to go without a hitch.

Have you got rough number of how many may turn up?

Who else is there in ashford tim? i see C18 TWO this evening giving it some.

172 MK2
A lot of clubs have been invited, and it is on Facebook so hopefully around 100 cars + passengers.

Seeing as this is tomorrow is everyone still going and are there anymore people.

You mentioned in your first post swifty that max power have been invited, are they attending?

SG9 Forester STi
Will be coming to this but the sound of it reminds me exactly of the revenge that fastcar did.....hopefully no overheating for me this time lol.

172 MK2
Another member of the site Admin was dealing with that, we had an email saying that they were at another event that night but they did say they would sort a Photographer

If there is going to be a few cs members going along we can go for a meet after. Message me if you like we can arrange something.

Popped down for a bit, walked about saw a 172 cup, swifty's and over the back was a white 197 with splitter, side skirts, spoiler and carbon bonnet. Looked very nice.

Weather spoiled it.

Evo
Popped down for a bit, walked about saw a 172 cup, swifty's and over the back was a white 197 with splitter, side skirts, spoiler and carbon bonnet. Looked very nice.

Weather spoiled it.

That woulda bin my 197 lol :rasp:.

What a crap meet though, defo not worth the hours trip to get there.

500 Twinair
^^^was gonna say it could be your 197...
Too much police when i went past, couldnt be bothered with the hassle

SG9 Forester STi
Im glad I didnt go in my car now, hitched a ride with Ben_r1 and it was pants. No 100 car attendance, the police didnt even bother to hang around as it was so boring lol. I guess if the weather had been better it might've gone ok, but judging by some of the cars there....:S lol. (Apart from the clios of course!)

I left as ben_r1 arrived, parked up infront with a green saxo. Tbh there was quite a few there 50-60maybe but there were alot speeding about town and getting pulled.

Some cars had a bit more than the usual CS colour code and splitter.

172 MK2
Gee thanks for the "positive" comments, I was about to say sorry I didn't get over to speak to you Ben, your car looked lush but after that comment I wont bother.
End of the day, I clearly said, the Police would be invited, they gave us absoultley no hassle whats-so-ever - and did what we wanted them too - prevent knobs! The Car Park was packed for a lot of the night, aint my fault that you lot wern't there to see it. Granted the rain didn't help but for the first event that we have organised we are all very happy and have been to a lot worse!

SG9 Forester STi
I think it was down to the fact that you said magazines were invited and it'd be 100+ cars etc etc.

172 MK2
I said they had been invited! Not that they were gunna turn up! When someone asked about it, my reply was "they are at another event that night but will sort a photographer - that to me says that they are going to turn up"