ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scene scooby

More poke than viagr
Thats actually amazing that someone as famous as him is on here :D shame i never got to speak to him :(

Right been busy lowering the car again, such a pain in the arse! To lower these coilovers you need to basically take them off again lol! So its not really a 5 min job, which i was hoping for. After doing the first side, lowered by 6 rotations which i thought would be enough....got it all back together again, dropped it off the jack and it lowered it by about 6mm!! So back up again, but this time applied 20 rotations :)

Also battered and bent the inside lip of the arch up to allow for the lower height. But luckily with the suspension on hardest setting it actually dosnt move! Rock solid, even worse than the clio :cool:

Taking everythign apart again....
DSC00655.jpg

makes arch gap look bigger here :(

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

Will get better, proper pics once ive dont the other side to match

Turbos.
Looks great, and doesn't look chavvy thanks to the lack of spoiler. Now get some camber on her and she will be awesome!

More poke than viagr

Decided to try and bend the inner lip of arch up but it didnt work too well as it left a nast sharp edge to the lip which i didnt want to hit the tyre for obvious reasons!

So i 'rolled' them with a hammer lol! Sounds pikey i know but results were perfect!! just beat the lip up and out of the way and covered in sealant to try and stop rust. Proper pleased with the results, exactly the same as an arch roller would have done :p

Decided to try and bend the inner lip of arch up but it didnt work too well as it left a nast sharp edge to the lip which i didnt want to hit the tyre for obvious reasons!

So i 'rolled' them with a hammer lol! Sounds pikey i know but results were perfect!! just beat the lip up and out of the way and covered in sealant to try and stop rust. Proper pleased with the results, exactly the same as an arch roller would have done :p

Are your arches metal then? I guess it wouldn't work too great with plastic as they'd just crack, surely?

More poke than viagr
Are your arches metal then? I guess it wouldn't work too great with plastic as they'd just crack, surely?

Yeah they're metal :) Tried it witht he clio and it cracked, not good!

Right just finished putting it all back together but theres a slight problem....lowered them both to the same level but the passenger side has got a lot more camber for some reason??? They arent camber adjustable, so i dont know how thats happened??? Any ideas?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's not a little bit of camber adjustment available with the top nut that joins it to the hub is there?

My advice, do up the bottom bolt quite tight but loose enough to get a bit of movement in the strut, push the top of the strut towards the engine as hard as possible (max camber ;)), do up top one tight and then tighten up the bottom one, do the same on both sides and it should be even.

This is assuming it has the same two bolt hub set up as the clio.

More poke than viagr
Just going out to raise the rear a bit and try and sort out my un even camber lol!

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

Why so much camber here?? looks broken lol

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

^^ arch lip gone!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Get that front down! Looks f**king awesome to be fair.

No spoiler and no bonnet vent ftw!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What's limiting more lows on the front end mate? Other than that it looks noiice :)

Turbos.
So you have more camber at the rear? Not uncommon though, plenty of examples in the JDM and German thread. Defo need to equal up the front though...

961938512_svQUR-XL.jpg

Reckon your car would look best with a dirty big exhaust pointing at an angle!

Very nicely done, like that a lot, like Englebert says a fat jap can pointing up and out at an angle would suit it well.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
looks amazing mate worth the wait to see it lowered, I like the exhaust idea.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
your wrong about needing to take the shock off to raise or lower it... you just undo the locking rings and twist the whole body round... its a rose joint at the top so will spin.... then you just tighten the locking rings again.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
do something then kid! alot of potential there, quiet the wh00000ring!

I slammed it within a week of getting it. Then money got tight :p My bad! There is more s**t coming when I can. But it aint cheap! :(

Sorry to hijack.

More poke than viagr
your wrong about needing to take the shock off to raise or lower it... you just undo the locking rings and twist the whole body round... its a rose joint at the top so will spin.... then you just tighten the locking rings again.

....and you chose to tell me afterwards lmao! Ill try it tommorow :)

Sorted the problem out, was lowered slightly more on left side, giving it more camber, so raised it up a bit on both sides to match the fronts.

Fronts can only be dropped couple mm max before arch gets in the way....but im going to try and get rid of that couple of mm tommorow thanks to MaLicE :)

Had that idea for the exhaust but couldnt refuse this one, only paid £60 for it! Maybe next year get an angled one

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just undo the bottom 2 rings... i hope you havent undone the top rings to lower it as thats the wrong way and takes the preload off... run about 10mm preload, loosen the top rings till the spring is just loose then measure from the spring perch up 10mm and wind it up to that... then lock it off and do the bottom ones...

More poke than viagr
Nah just did it with the bottom bit again, only needed 1 more turn to be level. Good news is it dosnt scrape on the wheels either :) Ill get some proper pics tommorow after a wash and polish

More poke than viagr
Cheers :) glad i went for silver and not gold wheels

Been out polishing it, suppose you could call it detailing but im not good enough to call it that lol! Anyway, looks ace now, first proper polish since ive owned it :) Still not finished, got to do the other side and boot now but ill leave it a while first....arms killing me lol!

Also been out buying stickers and things, ordered some Canibeat and stanceworks stickers from the states, along with a numberplate holder aswell :) Just need to get private reg put on first.

Just uploading piccies now...

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Love it, had my doubts to be fair at the start of the project but really like it now

More poke than viagr
I had my doubts aswell tbh! Contemplated selling it for a while, then i found these wheels :)

I need a machine polisher so badly!

DSC00669.jpg

:)

DSC00670.jpg

Sparkly :)

DSC00671.jpg

AHHH!

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

End result :)

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00673.jpg