ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pros at work (AGAIN!)

Lionel Richie
why? seriously! I may seem like a know it all arrogant sod on here sometimes, but for f***s sake how can other mechanics be this dumb?

Birmingham-20110531-00143.jpg

for those of you that don't know what the picture shows, its an exhaust camshaft seal in the inlet camshaft (wrong size) and the dephaser has worn through it causing a huge oil leak all over the cambelt = £700 bill

the last one i did like this was a £2K bill because the pulley had span and blew the engine to hell

choose your mechainc wisely PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (or allah, rhianna, eva - whoever you worship)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Another one for the wall of shame eh Fred?

(glad you explained it as I had no idea what was wrong in the pic:eek:)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Another one for the wall of shame eh Fred?

(glad you explained it as I had no idea what was wrong in the pic:eek:)
+1, I mostly agree with Fred when he points out broken things on my car...

Fred could you gimmie a bell when your free? I have warning lights and error's on my car :(

Another mechanic to put on the CS wall of shame if you can find out who or where the botched work was done.
I guess its another mechanics lack of knowledge on the F4R :(
Its suprising how much lack of knowledge folk have on these engines for the amount thats on the road.

Hows the dephaser looking ?

Golf GTD Mk7
you meant inlet cam seal right ;) It is shocking that they would do that. It's not even close to looking sealed. Fooking cowboys.

Golf GTD Mk7
fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

got that in time then didnt we!

man hug coming your way when i pick it up later!

or maybe i'll just pay the bill.....

How long has it been like that? must have been sounding bad :( I ripped one open last night where the dephaser went and all the inlet valves are f**ked. Lucky boy ;)

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
25k miles John

just rang Fred and the cam journals are lightly scored as well where it was down on oil pressure.

oh well!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I may seem like a know it all arrogant sod on here sometimes, but for f**ks sake how can other mechanics be this dumb?

You can be arrogant about anything if you know what you're talking about! I like it :)

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
RIght, here we go!

Reciept - Bensham Engineering LTD
Bishops Road
Surrey
CR0 3LD

05/06/09

Recondition customers own cylinder head as NES, supply gaskets and head bolts to suit - total inc. VAT - £566

Now, i dont know if they just reconditioned the head, or fitted it.

A week earlire Renault Croydon supplied 'Protector Belt - Part no. 7700113619 £33.75 inc VAT - is this an Aux belt?!

So, either the owner tried to sort it himself, or above company did it. EIther way, it was a f**k up.

However... my sticker on the inner arch states that the belts were changed at 55k. Either this is b****cks, or someone has re-used the belts when the head was changed. I believe both... I cannot find a receipt for any belts, or belts being changed, however, there is a lack of history before 60k miles anyway. ALthough i do have the mobile number of 3 of the previous 10 owners!

one year later Renault health check for another different owner noted oil leak.... at 71k miles (8k miles ago)

Cars owner changed again 2 months later (or there abouts), it then changed again 5 months later.

So a word of warning, research these before buying (hard as most of us own them already) and when the seller says, its a bit tappety on warm up, either walk away, or knock him down the £600+ its gonna cost you to sort it.

Dont buy a multiple ownered car with massive oil leaks.....

Like i did :rolleyes:

At least it will be sorted correctly this time!

Evo 5 RS
Thought that was my engine for a second lol!

These half a job Bobs shouldn't take on the work if they're just gonna f**k with people all the time

At least you can get it sorted now fella. (Should also always do a HPI check when buying privately)

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
25k miles John

just rang Fred and the cam journals are lightly scored as well where it was down on oil pressure.

oh well!

I have a head the same as this... can it be reused?

Its scored the cam and the head..

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hang on, you bought a 10 owner clio with no history for 60k?

No wonder it's like this lol

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
its not the lobes that are scored, its the journals

fred said it will be fine

the lad i got it off told me it had a couple of previous owners..... but yeh, i should of checked that

it does have a pile of history, unfortunatly, its not before 60k.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
its not the lobes that are scored, its the journals

fred said it will be fine

the lad i got it off told me it had a couple of previous owners..... but yeh, i should of checked that

it does have a pile of history, unfortunatly, its not before 60k.

This is the same but its rather bad.. Im gonna get a pic see what fred thinks...