ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prospeed decat.

172 Flamer
After a run up brecon on sunday with the South Wales lot, my standard exhaust has pretty much (might as well have) disintegrated. So, booked into Prospeed for saturday to get a full system sorted including decat. What's everyones thoughts on this? Will I notice any power gains with the decat or should I just go for the cat back? Only other engine/performance mod is Ktec panel filter.

Thanks

Faded trophy
decat should give u more gains when my mate cooke had his decat back from charlie he had 180 bhp from his standard 172 will be stupidly loud though lol, I have a sports cat back and the is loud lol

RenaultSport 172
Well on the same rollers I hit 183bhp with Cams, inlets, exhaust, remap etc etc.
I had my PS decat put on in december, didn't really notice any gains. But it gave me a much better noise. :evil:

You may see my car there saturday, Charlie is fitting my cage for me, tell him you know me, he should give you a little discount. ;)

Ph1
Why lol at 180 bhp? Is that not realistic or?

Stock 172's seem to make mid to high 160's so to get 10 bhp+ from a decat is a bit optimistic :)

Decat on a 172 do make a difference. Not sure about raw gains but it does free it up a noticeable amount

Weeman sucks ****
you'll get fcuk all gains from an exhaust alone. it'll rev free'er and sound better but that's about it.

mine sounds fcuking brilliant, it's been on for 4 orso years now...poor thing. can't knock prospeed though for the money.

172 Flamer
Ok, thanks for the advice. Will be going for it then, as long as its not too loud, but I'm sure it will be all good.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have a decat on my yozzasport exhaust and can honestly say i didnt notice any difference in power whatseover , i didnt really expect it to tbh but i got the decat cheap ;) , but it does make it hell of alot louder .

172 Flamer
So, a silenced decat? Is that just a pipe with a silencer in place of the cat? Once again cheers for the help.

Evo 8 MR
If it's noisy just ease off the loud pedal, all singing all dancing straight through for me.