ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prospeed Exhaust Sound?

Up rocks
Does anyone have any vids of a Prospeed exhaust in action (youtube isnt great and odeally want to know people asked for when having the system made)? Liking the slung under the bumper style that they do but if its going to sound crap then i'll stick to a Ktec stealth. I know theres lots of threads about Prospeed and the fact you can tailor the system but without hearing any others and knowing what they asked for i have no idea what i need to be telling the guy to get the sound i want.

I deally want to call and book it in tomorrow ;)

M2 Competition
Sounds nicer than a ktec stealth. Quieter but gruffer if that makes sense?

The ktec can drone a little, prospeed stealth is spot on imo!

I know 3 ppl who put prospeeds on their cups , me included . I'd recommend charlie's work to you , but it does depend on what you want , if you want performance and raspy sounds , try the yozzasport too .

Up rocks
Have done a quote enquiry on the website outlining what i'm after. Main attraction to Prospeed for me is the low slung style they do so would prefer that to a Yozza or Ktec. I'm after a sporty note, not a drone on motorway but not to light and raspy either (fussy i know). Something with more of a motorsport sound rather than a weekend chavvy cruise sound.

the usual one everyone goes for then , quiet exhaust but sounds meatier when you put your foot down ....:D

Up rocks
Just as i thought which is why i would like to hear what that actually sounds like.

Last edited:
[youtube]AbtctJ38Q0g[/youtube]

[youtube]hclCuLlGWvk[/youtube]

i asked for something not too loud and deep, just a nice sound when you put your foot down

i think it's called 'medium sport sound' or something

bloody good job though and charlie is a top guy

proton compact 1.3 GLi
its like a designer exaust tell them wat u want and they can make it happen volume,tone,size, shape well recomended

172 cup
Iv got a stealth on my Cup, excellent service, quality and product. Sounds wise its fairly quiet when at low revs but a very noticeable sound when caining it. Not drone like at all IMO.

Jap Shed
Its ALMOST too loud for long motorway drives. too loud if the rear seats are down. I have the Mid sport one too.
perfect at all other times though. I was a bit concerned that they used bits of cut hosepipe to support the hanger but its solid and has not moved a CM for over a year.

Up rocks
Its ALMOST too loud for long motorway drives. too loud if the rear seats are down. I have the Mid sport one too.
perfect at all other times though. I was a bit concerned that they used bits of cut hosepipe to support the hanger but its solid and has not moved a CM for over a year.

Hmm, mines stripped out at the back :dapprove:

C

Cupster

My Prospeed is lovely, nice burble at idle. Sounds like you are after the sound I have.

I have a full system. A silenced Decat, centre box and a third box at the rear. With the decat, motorway journeys were a bit annoying on the ear at about 80 onwards.

Recently made a few changes, I put the cat back on (for MOT) and had one of Charlie's revised 'cone' boxes to replace the centre silencer as it was damaged. I must say I now prefer the system with the cat in place. I still have the same burble at idle and a nice deep growl from the zorst under load and with me foot down at higher rpm :approve: (Tunnels ftw!!)

Motorway journeys are much improved, you can still hear it but its more in the background now. Will try and get a sound clip for you later on.

As also said, Charlie is an absolute legend and will do anything he can to make his customers happy.

Up rocks
You seem to like the motorsport type so it would suit you probably.
whats the fully fitted quote?

Not had the quote back yet ;)

My Prospeed is lovely, nice burble at idle. Sounds like you are after the sound I have.

I have a full system. A silenced Decat, centre box and a third box at the rear. With the decat, motorway journeys were a bit annoying on the ear at about 80 onwards.

Recently made a few changes, I put the cat back on (for MOT) and had one of Charlie's revised 'cone' boxes to replace the centre silencer as it was damaged. I must say I now prefer the system with the cat in place. I still have the same burble at idle and a nice deep growl from the zorst under load and with me foot down at higher rpm :approve: (Tunnels ftw!!)

Motorway journeys are much improved, you can still hear it but its more in the background now. Will try and get a sound clip for you later on.

As also said, Charlie is an absolute legend and will do anything he can to make his customers happy.

Sounds ideal, what note did you ask for, the website lists:

• Quite Hum
  • Mid Sport Note
  • Loud Deep Roar

C

Cupster

Mid Sport to quiet on mine I would say (Now the cat is back on). Hard to say from those descriptions but quiet pootling about but deep/sporty note with some welly.