ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Protected NCB?

Hey all,

I have just protected my NCB for the first time. I was just wondering, is this a bit of an industry scam or trick? For example, if you have an accident, you wont lose your NCB but when it comes to renewal time, you will have to give details of the accident/claim. Do the insurance companies sting you for more cash just as much if u declare a claim as if you had lost your NCB?

Your price will increase after a claim either way. However protecting your ncb means you will retain your discount which means it will not go as much.

Obvious question: "Why does it go up if I've kept my NCD?"

Think about it..

Driver A has 0 ncd and 1 accident
Driver B has 0 ncd and 0 accidents.
Which one would be more expensive?

The price is calculated based on the risk and then the discount deducted. Worth checking how much the protection is and what % discount you would lose after claim to see if it is a false economy or not..

Yeah, I understand the idea of paying more if you have a crash. Just wondered if the insurance compaines bumped their prices up to nearly the same as if you had no NCB.

Cheers for replies :)