ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proud owner of....

Clio v6
Yes it has gone a little off topic sorry. This is often the case with V6 threads. They are so exciting people get carried away :)

German Barge
as said above saner, the V6's wing mirrors dont come off the body work, where as the 172's do...

basically on the v6, the bodywork extends outwards, where as the wing mirrors stay in line with the window on the door, if that makes sense?

BigChris said:
cheers everyone, especially to those who have followed my "car history".

I will get some pics up asap, i have been driving it too much, and its filthy... i have already put some crystal side repeaters on, silver visions are going on tonight, then mk2 rear lights at the end of the week ;) will wash it tomorrow on my lunch break at work, and get some pics up in the evening.

My work lot love it, was so funny when everyone was out there looking at it, with the boss upstairs looking out the window. Its such a clean car, and it still smells factory new inside.

Just for those thinking of buying one - do it... Its so much fun, and you can drive it like an everyday car.

I paid £13,900 for it. This came with 6 months tax, 12 months mot, 3 months warrenty, and a full tank of fuel.

My insurance in £1544 a year. Im 21 years old, with 6 points, and 3 years no claims.

I do however live in a very low risk area, and the car is always garaged.

I was going to buy a impreza sti, a trophy, and even an evo at one point, but im so glad i bought this, really has that "wow" factor when driving it, plus the noise is amazing!

Am well made up for you mate, I know what a s**t time the hybrid put you through, and if anybody deserves to be happy............its you.

I'm also well chuffed you didnt go for the scoob, thats probably one of the worst mistakes you could of made 'IMO', i'm glad I suggested the Vee ;)

Anyway, these lights...............I need your addy fella, either PM it to me or catch me on MSN later on tonight and I will get down the post office tomorrow.

Speak soon mate

Smokey

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Sorry but i still don't get it! lol! The vee's wing mirrrors are above its bodykit, so therefore are attatched in the same place as the Sports?

So for it to be wider itself, the wing mirror has to be either bigger itself, or be sitting on an extended platform? no?

Clio RS 172 Ph2
The width between the wing mirror tips should be exactly the same on a 172 as a V6 as they're attached to the door in the same place, so to get through a garage door in a Vee will be no harder than in a standard clio.

The difference is the composite mouldings attached to the side of the door which means you can't open the door so wide in the same garage as you could in a standard clio. The difference is about 6 inches, so if you have a narrow garage you might not be able to get out of a Vee where you could in any other clio. Also the "skateboard" side skirt ledge also narrows the available space for entering & exiting through the door aperture.

So I think what I'm trying to say is, the Vee actually isn't any wider than a standard clio, but it does require a wider space to get into and out of.

If that makes any sense? Hopefully should clear things up?

Dave