ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proud owner of....

German Barge
...this...

picked it up today...love it :clap:

DSC00127.jpg

German Barge
will post pics tomorrow, is filthy, so will give it a good clean. Yeah i did smokey :) I drove nice and steady, so smooth to drive coming from a hybrid. Love it to bits, and amount of looks you get is unreal.

Will look forward to getting those light ;) cheers mate :D

hmm.... i sooooooo want the one K-Tec have for sale.

Chris, can you PM me the sort of insurance figures you're paying?

cheers, Dan.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
lol @zorba, otherwise we'll send the boys round(said in a mike reed voice)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
another vee owner! i'm jelous! i so want one... look forward to the pics! :)

German Barge
cheers everyone, especially to those who have followed my "car history".

I will get some pics up asap, i have been driving it too much, and its filthy... i have already put some crystal side repeaters on, silver visions are going on tonight, then mk2 rear lights at the end of the week ;) will wash it tomorrow on my lunch break at work, and get some pics up in the evening.

My work lot love it, was so funny when everyone was out there looking at it, with the boss upstairs looking out the window. Its such a clean car, and it still smells factory new inside.

Just for those thinking of buying one - do it... Its so much fun, and you can drive it like an everyday car.

I paid £13,900 for it. This came with 6 months tax, 12 months mot, 3 months warrenty, and a full tank of fuel.

My insurance in £1544 a year. Im 21 years old, with 6 points, and 3 years no claims.

I do however live in a very low risk area, and the car is always garaged.

I was going to buy a impreza sti, a trophy, and even an evo at one point, but im so glad i bought this, really has that "wow" factor when driving it, plus the noise is amazing!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
what size garage do you need? will it fit through a 'regular' garage door? or do you need bigger? I've asked this before, but never had an answer.

Clio v6
(A) Wheelbase 2532
(B) Overall Length 3841
(C) Front Overhang 753
(D) Rear Overhang 556
(E) Front Track 1518
(F) Rear Track 1476
(G1) Overall Width
(Including Door Mirrors) 1911
(H) Unladen Height 1356
(J) Unladen Platform Height 590

(K) Ground Clearance 113
(M) Interior Elbow
Cabin Width - Front 1370
(N) Interior Shoulder Cabin Width - Front 1357
(P) Front
Headroom at 14° 978
(Y) Maximum Load
Entry Width
(Upper Entry Width) 906
(Y1) Maximum Load
Entry Width
(Floor Level) 941
(Z) Height of
Rear Opening 574
Rear Entry Height 574

German Barge
Gaz, i reckon you would need an extra 1 metre on top of the 172... reason i say this is because getting out can be a bit awkward as you have the "ledge" as it were as you step out the door, so need to open the door up wider.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my garage is pretty long & wide once inside, i can get my 172 through the garage door and fully open the drivers door without hitting the garage wall, but I reckon i couldn't get a V6 through the 'regular' sized garage door. Is your garage a double one then?

German Barge
this is 172 specs

Overall Width (Including Door Mirrors)

compared to V6...

Overall Width
(Including Door Mirrors) 1911

so 24 cm's - not as much as i thought, but the ledge makes it wider (in terms of getting out of the car) and also the doors are bigger...

Last edited:
  German Barge
basically gaz, if you measure the total width of your two wing mirrors on your 172, this is the difference in width between teh 172 and the V6, when looking at the total widths on renault it comes out as 24cm wider...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sold basically, take one V6, fold the mirrors, and you've got a 172! (except the 3.0 engine ofcourse)