ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ps2 converter

as it says ,how do u fit one?i have to wire it up to the cigarette lighter wires but wen i did it the ps2 turned off every time i turned it on or wen the headlamps went on what have i done wrong please help cheers cliocrazy

What kind of converter do you have? You need a plug-in 240v - 12v inverter, or if its hard-wired you need to make sure you keep a fuse inline.

what?sorry mate im not following you um its just got 2wires and i have to take apart the ciggarette lighter and connect it to the wires following me?

Not quite the PS2 will run on 240v AC and the car will be 12v dc. so you need an inverter or have the ps2 modded to work on 12v dc!

Lionel Richie

There are 3 wires going into the fag lighter

Yellow - live

Brown - earth

and Blue - is for the light surrounding the fag lighter

(dont quote me on these colours, ill double check tomorrow for you)

You need a power inverter and the need to hard wire it to the Yellow and Brown (again, not 100% sure on the colours)

This is what i did for my PS2

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 11 November 2003

There are 3 wires going into the fag lighter

Yellow - live

Brown - earth

and Blue - is for the light surrounding the fag lighter

(dont quote me on these colours, ill double check tomorrow for you)

You need a power inverter and the need to hard wire it to the Yellow and Brown (again, not 100% sure on the colours)

This is what i did for my PS2
Its your one that you sold me when we went to donny few weeks ago.:)

Well, when you turn engine on, itll turn off anyway - cus of the massive power drop from engine cranking.. all inverters do it.

as do most hifis dont they? switch off n on when starting ur car?

& also mate, take the inverter straight to the battery, its alot easier...