ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3: addition cables needed

Golf R soon...
Read a while ago that addition (not included with) cables would be needed to use the ps3 with a HD TV.

Any one shed any light on this?

Daz

Read a while ago that addition (not included with) cables would be needed to use the ps3 with a HD TV.

Daz

Yep, it just comes with normal AV leads. To get HD you need an HDMI cable. They are about £20.

Its got a standard HDMI output so the cable is pretty widely available.

Golf R soon...

Daz

Yep, it just comes with normal AV leads. To get HD you need an HDMI cable. They are about £20.

Its got a standard HDMI output so the cable is pretty widely available.

lol! I was just about to post the same thing! Just been randomly surfing the net

So I will be needed a HDMI cable as well! Probably another controller as well!

Damn this is going to be expensive :D

Revels Mum & Sister
Although with HDMI cables they arent as picky as they are digital. Some say they make no difference

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've always believed in the ethos of not scrimping on the cables. I think its almost as important as choosing the actual piece of kit in the first place, although, yes, Rasclart raises a valid point - some people can't tell the difference. I think it depends what quality the TV is etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i personally can't see what can make a good or bad digital cable, its all 1's and 0's so how can they deteriorite like an analogue signal?

Revels Mum & Sister
There is a slight difference Dave. Have tried a few myself. But not a massive difference like Analogue cables

Golf R soon...
Haha I've just been browsing their site too...

Only cable people I could think of! lol!

They want £51.24 for the HDMI cable. I would pay that I suppose!

Would I need any other cables? Bearing in mind I only have the TV to amplify the sound no surround sound speakers or anything

Daz

dk

911 GTS Cab
what games are everyone getting?

motorstorm and F1 for me.

we are supposed to get james bond bluray if we are one of the first 500000 to register the console too.

Golf R soon...

we are supposed to get james bond bluray if we are one of the first 500000 to register the console too.

I ordered mine from Game so I am getting motorstorm, fall of man and call of duty

plus a HDMI cable ;)

I have to be one of the 1st for the online preorder for game as I ordered the console within 2 minutes of getting their email! lol! Sad I know!

dk

911 GTS Cab

I ordered mine from Game so I am getting motorstorm, fall of man and call of duty

plus a HDMI cable ;)

I have to be one of the 1st for the online preorder for game as I ordered the console within 2 minutes of getting their email! lol! Sad I know!
i must be one of the first from amazon as i loged on at 1:30 when it said they were going to start at 9 and they hadn't, then i refreshed 3 minutes later and it let me!

not sure what to do about HDMI, tempted to get a £10 from play, we'll see.

Golf R soon...

plus a HDMI cable ;)

i must be one of the first from amazon as i loged on at 1:30 when it said they were going to start at 9 and they hadn't, then i refreshed 3 minutes later and it let me!

I was logged into hotmail at the time waiting for a friends email then the update from game came through, jumped at the opportunity!

Play are throwing in a free HDMI cable with their PS3 bundle

dk

911 GTS Cab

I was logged into hotmail at the time waiting for a friends email then the update from game came through, jumped at the opportunity!

Play are throwing in a free HDMI cable with their PS3 bundle
yeah, i didn't want a bundle as they all included a game i didn't want, i already have COD3 for the 360 and most seemed to contain that.

An orange one
no way would I pay £524 for a games pack,

lol...i'll wait my 6 months and get mind for about £300-£350 :)

dk

911 GTS Cab

i can never understand this mentality personally, i would rather enjoy it from day one and have loads more use out of it before the next one comes out than wait for an age for it to go down a few £'s. I have had my 360 for nearly 18 months now and no price cut, would have hated to have waited 18 months in the hope it mght go down in price.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've contacted the seller because I need 2 HDMI's... I'm tempted to go for the Monster one though as I note they also do a cable for Xbox 360... I could probably get the set with a little bit of discount.

182 RB FF

This isn't likley to happen for a while mate, there making massive losses on each one. Import one like i did if you want to pay that price, yuo can get one for about 370

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've contacted the seller because I need 2 HDMI's... I'm tempted to go for the Monster one though as I note they also do a cable for Xbox 360... I could probably get the set with a little bit of discount.
yeah, i looked at monster but they are monster prices, the belkin seems to be a nice happy medium, not a cheap one but not stupidly expensive.