ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps3...dead!!!!

Just red....found a load of posts on net from people saying same happened after installing 3.60, its nearly 3 years old and sony want £140 for a replacement

Getting my brothers ps3 hopefully tomorrow, now to decide what to do, i have no skills at repairing things, looks like few places can do it for around £50

I keep missing on dredz vocal talent >.>

Thing of beauty...

Right so update on ps3, i have a royalties account with rbs which if you buy an item gets you an extra two year warranty, person i spoke with couldnt confirm if ps3 covered but if it is going to claim off of that, £25 excess which isnt bad, not sure if they will repair it or replace it

Fiesta ST-2
PS3s are s**t from my experience between me and the missus we've had like 6 or so, I know about 4 close friends whove had replacements also. Mine were alll under warranty luckily, even one replacement broke after a day lol! If if goes green yellow red it's fucked if it flashes yellow yellow red it's fucked if it doesn't recognise a disc has been inserted it's fucked. As to fixing them I have no idea check YouTube or eBay, didn't richy22 offer a service?

PS3s are s**t from my experience between me and the missus we've had like 6 or so, I know about 4 close friends whove had replacements also. Mine were alll under warranty luckily, even one replacement broke after a day lol! If if goes green yellow red it's fucked if it flashes yellow yellow red it's fucked if it doesn't recognise a disc has been inserted it's fucked. As to fixing them I have no idea check YouTube or eBay, didn't richy22 offer a service?

Found this place which seems reasonable

http://www.skprepair.co.uk/index.php/contact/

Thinking going to put it through my warranty cover through my bank, £25 excess is easier to swallow than £130 from sony

Listerine & Poledo
Right, my launch-edition just kicked the bucket mid-COD.
Might just be an overheat, will give it a rest overnight.
Hopefully the extended warranty from PS-Pro's will come good again, but this is the 2nd overheat-death it's suffered (had YLOD about 18 months ago).

EDIT: Thread reboot seems a better idea than kicking off a new one

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
My first gen 80gb went pop the other night, hairdryer done enough to get vital saves and disc outta the drawer but its went again tonight when doing a full back up of the HDD. Its s**t but its had a good innings, Slim is being bought tomorrow :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Mine crashed a few times In the past, I used my dyson to vac all the vents out and let it cool down. The next day it worked fine, it's done this 3 times since I've owned it. For reference it's a launch edition backwards compatible 60gb ps3 ( the oldest of the old )

Listerine & Poledo
But a slim wont have all the card points and the full number of USB's.
:(

Although a bigger hard drive wont be a bad thing, I was running short of space for the last 2 years!

launch edition backwards compatible 60gb ps3 ( the oldest of the old )

best version to have. I still like a quick blast on Tony Hawks 2 from time to time.... putting the laps in on Marsailles FTW!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Never used the card points on mine, USB ports might get annoying but I have plenty of usb mini hubs!
I've ran out of space a number of times.
You should take it apart, its great fun haha! I had one screw left over once I put it back together.

Currently got it back up and running and doing a full backup (again) hopefully it stays on for an hour to do it!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I only use mine for old school games or watching on demand TV, seems to be the most reliable of the ps3 models though, I've never had any faults with it apart from the minor ones I mentioned.

Listerine & Poledo
This is it, mine had no problem for nearly 4 years, even then it was the drive that went, which even Sony acknowledged was designed badly.

The slims seem to be programmed to detonate as soon as the 1st year is over.

Listerine & Poledo
It'll be alright, I've got next weekend at a loose end, a trip to Bow is on the cards.