ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3] Demon Souls

Still a few things that do my head in about this game , like i couldn't pick up the CAP ( disguise ) so i can get up the stairs to see Yuiar ? The Witch.

was over burdened so couldn't carry it ( i forgot about the Great rings ) so when i went back to get after dropping some gear at the Nexus it was gone! thats a part of the game i'm missing out on.

SL 81 and still loads to do , i must have put in 60 hours so far + another 30 on the two other games that i started , but decided to disgard....Love it over all.

One rule of the game is that if you leave a world whatever you haven't collected dissapears. Has happened to me before too, albeit I have the ministers cap.

I was overburdened and didn't collect the Rune sword and shield on 1-4. The two blues with me couldn't believe I didn't pick it up and were reluctant to take it for themsleves - bless!

Died a few times on 2-1 but again went through it so much quicker this time around, an hour say tops.

Just made one!, No its one handed or two, is big and slow, its made from 2 separate swords fused together, the demonbrandt and soulbrandt.

I quite often use the phospherescent pole two handed as its so much faster!

Just finished it. Had 2 Blues to help me with the King.

SL 90-odd + 90-odd hours to do it in. I must confess to looking at a couple of walkthroughs though , so without them i would of been another 20 hours of hair pulling out frustration.

Did you play off line in the first level of New Game + ?

No mate online and got invaded lol but I got to the boss fog gate before he did, touching it sent him back to his own world:D

Just started New Game + , started playing online right away a Black Phantom invaded ( b***ard ) i had 100,000 souls so thought f**k that i'm goin back to the Nexus , ran past him ( heart pumping ) touched the Archstone , but you can't go back if another player is playing!!!!! WTF????????

Stand like a man time!

He tried to to hit me a couple of times and we both got a few digs in , he was edging it , i was BLEEDING , so i paced it off healed up..........................................................................................................................................then poison clouded the c**t! hahahahahaha

While his head was in bits wondering what was goin on i Fireball'd the c**t......Black Phantom slain! Cheeky c**t traying to have me over and tax my souls!

Nowt down for you!

Playing it offline now though hehehehe

Someone infected me with the plauge and it really cuts your health quickly, a lot faster than posion. I had to act quickly which is not the best tactic in DS and I died:(

Someone infected me with the plauge and it really cuts your health quickly, a lot faster than posion. I had to act quickly which is not the best tactic in DS and I died:(

Ive got the Plauge cloud as well :approve: was you the Black Phantom? hahaha

I pretty much cleard the game with Std weapons , no crazy + 7 or anything like that. Just the Makoto magic sword and a few spells , but decent level ups.

This time i'm gonna make the nasty weapons.

It is hard tho NG+ i lost 80,000 souls to the crossbow men at just near the Tower Knight fog....i nearly cried :(

NG+ is hard!

+7 weapons are weak! But Makoto is strong!

Am currently building a +5 Moon winged spear and a + 5 Moon Knight sword, these should fuse well with my +40 Magic stat.

Am also going to make a +4/+5 Crescent Ughigatana(sp) as this gives a good bleed, magic and std rating. :cool:

Am SL 94, trying to stay lowish so I can get lots of PvP in! Am instead taking the time to farm the ores and upgrade my weapons! Got invaded today in 4-2 whilst carrying 56K souls!

We both bowed first (I love the politeness in this game) and I then nearly had him dead with a few soul arrows but he meat cleavered me off a ledge into that Pit that Patches pushes you into!

This gave us both a chance to heal up and him the chance to switch into anti magic gear. His Dark Silver shield blocked my soul arrows so we just went toe to toe!

Eventually after a great battle my Crescent Uigaganda +4 got him:D TBH though I think my health advantage in body form save me!

Yeah you have to take each enemy seriously! I can't do some of bosses either, tbh I am now just making a PvP build and If I am struggling on a level I just run through it with a couple of blues in tow;)

Damn got invaded today as I was summoning a blue phantom at the archstone, the black invader simply walked up to, and whilst I was helpless (animation) back stabbed me with a northen regalia, needless to say I was deaded in one hit:( cnut!

How do i change the world tendency?

Ive started again ( i never upraded any weapons first time round , and NG+ is hard with no Upgraded weapons ) ive not got a clue about the tendency's , all i know is some of the things in my first game are not happening now. Ive tried reading the Wiki , but it's just gobbledy gook ( to my head ) Not arsed either pure white or pure black.

Each worlds has a neutral and -6/+6 either side of white/black

Ok firstly go off line as online has a habit of resetting neutral tendancy.

Pure black is easy, just die in body form, return to nexus, use a stone of empheral eyes and regain your body and then die (not suicide) return to nexus, rinse and repeat 7 times or until the world is a very dark black in the status section. Each death takes you -1.

Good for farming for better ore drops

Pure white is harder and you need a boss left in a final world. For each boss you kill you go +3, for each black phantom in the level you kill you go +3 and for each primevil demon you kill you go +3.

Its possibe to go from pure black to pure white in one sitting by killing all 3!

Check the wikki for more details

This is the best resource i have found to explain everything dude. http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

As Brazo says (whats your real name dude? Im Louis) Its +or - 6 with 0 in the middle for neutral. An example would be in pure black wt means that in world 5 selen (or what ever called who is a character) is a phantom, when you kill her you get the sword blind which ignores shields. If you WT is white she is human (i think) and she drop another item. Also places like the gate right at the start of 1-1 is only open if you are PW or PB.
The game is very clever as it makes you choose a path which you sorta have to stick to. Im nearly done with the game, have most items i want so i jsut pvp now, i dotn wanna do the last boss for a little bit.
You also cannot upgrade every weapon to the full amount which once again you have to make choices. I.E. Blind +5 requires 5 colourless soul deamons however there is only 10 per game meaning you can only upgrade one other weapon to +5 out of a few which have to also have the colourless demon soul.
My fav sword is actually a dragon long sword +5 or a quality long sword as i am a strength+Dex build.

The website explains it all dude.

Actually thinking about it, it takes 7 empheral eye stones to go from pure white to pure black world tendancy so its -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3. I did nearly the whole of my first game with the dragon long sword +5 but tbh in New Game+ it doesn't cut the mustard.

Am using +4 Moon and +4 Crescent weapons which scale nicely with my stats and some Quality +5 weapons which I buff with the light weapon spell for more stopping power.

A main stay is also my +5 Phosphorescent pole which is awesome 2 handed!

ya 7, i like the dragon sword for pvp cos it makes them spaz out :p
Im trying to find someone to fight but none are online

Lol I did a fair bit myself earlier, helped kill a few black phantoms as a blue phantom myself! One black phantom ran all the way to the end of a level only to be met by 3 of us, he took a shower of homing soul arrows from the blue phantom witch to my left which nearly killed him and he then disconnected - cheating sod!

Made a Babies Nail +5 today - part of my pvp build!

For PvP I now roll with a Talisman of Beasts and a PFS+10 in my left hand and a babies nail+5 and a Quality Winged Spear +5 in my right. I have the Light weapon spell to buff my spear with and Fire storm spell which is awesome in its own right. Also use second chance miracle.

Ya babies nail is part of mine too, im thinking about lighter armour and the tower shield, my shield flame shield is +9, i am one pure chunk short so it may need to be next play through. If you are a black phantom can you summon some help yourself?
The game pisses me off a bit in the sense that it is a bit unfair if you invade.

Ah but its not unfair as you have all the enemies of a level on your side, if you can sneak past the host with a thief ring on then you can attack them whilst they are fighting the regular enemies. The red knights are on yor side!

Still doin my head in about the world tendency , i changed level 1 , 7 stones got colourless soul ). everything just seems to be set in nuteral most of the time , i'm missing loads of things out because of the world tendencys , and the fact it's not easy at all to change them. When part 2 comes out ( hoping they make one ) the tendency area is one that needs work imho , you need to be able to see/know what you are in , they should change more easly just in general game play + change them easier if and when you wish.

Keep reading the wikki after each time you affect the WT it slowly becomes clear but is complicated, NB a glitch means thta if you quit in the Nexus whilst online it can reset WT which is a real s**t if you've dropped 7 stones!

Best affect WT offline

Damn this now has a UK release.

The PAL version is coming out in June and is called the black phantom edition. If you order from shopto you get special guide and artbook etc.

I have completed this game 7-8 times (got platinum) and wasted 230 hours of my life!

So why have I preordered the PAL copy? So I can pwn the noobz :cool:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
230 hours are you serious?!? jesus thats like 10 days or something.

i'm just seen the preorder come up on game, might make an investment. OR SAYING THAT.... if you've just pre-ordered another copy. why don't you sell me your ntsc version and a CS price!?

Already sold my aisan version! I had to lol it as getting like crack! That said now that its platinumed and I know what I'm doing I could make a decent pvp oriented character in 15 hours and pwn with it!

Pal is best option mate.