ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3] Demon Souls

You can't bank em mate, either level up with them (advised) or spend them on upgrades. You know if you do get killed you can regain the lost souls by touching your bloodstain? Assuming of course you make it back that far ;)

Yes thats evacuation it won't bank you souls in the nexus, its just a quick exit from anywhere + keep your souls.

Right ive started again ( spent too many souls on upgrading s**t weapons and then not having enough souls to level up later when it becomes more expensive )

Already i'm rolling with the Purple Flame shield...

White world tendency means the dragons wasn't at there nest!

One question ( something i never did first time round ) how do i get the blacksmith to upgrade weapons using the demon souls? ie the Phalix demon soul? ( i just used them for souls first time round )

Its flamelurkers red hot demon souls you need, this gives ed the extra heat needed to forge sharp, , crescent, cutting, crushing, dragon and blessed weapons.

There are basically four types of weapons in this game.

A stand weapon that can be upgraded to +10 using standard mineral ores. These weapons have a low to medium damage stat.

Then theres are the magic weapons which can be upgraded to +5 using special ores such as faintstone or dragonstone. These will have the standard damage plus a bonus damage stat based on a particular character stat such as faith or magic.

Then there are the magic weapons that are upgradable only through the rare colourless demon souls, these tend to start of strong and any upgrades usually offer a secondary benefit such as magic regeneration or health regeneration.

Lastly there are the unique and non upgradable weapons such as a scraping spear, these are forged from a high base stat weapon (in this case a spear +7 and a unique demons soul)

I hate this game...........

Spend hours trying to beat Marinda the exacutoner and when i do i can't even wear her outfit.......to make matters worse i fall off the ledge and lose all my souls ;o(

Mate your trying to do too much too soon, I beat Miralda in Black Phantom form at pure black WT, that was a tough fight but I'm level 80 now and have so much more defensive stamina than yourself. Leave Miralda alone... Step away from Miralda;), read the wikki and you will know what your limits are!

Oh and your lost souls will be stored in a blood stain where you died.

Lol, Seriously dude, buy it when ur done with UC2, its like a simple oblivion which sticks to a formula which you must learn, Yes its hard and frustrating but very rewarding, Silver skeletons are defo based on NECRONS from warhammer (the pc game, i never played the proper game)

It's a great game. The lack of save points and the fact the enemys come back after you die/go to the Nexus can/will do your head in , but i still love it!

I fought the old Monk today in 3-3. I was online and he summoned other players to fight me. Was my first actual experience of Player vs Player.

Have to say I got owned by a quite few high level Mage and Melee builds, nearly killed some dude after I got a lucky back stab. It wasn't until about the 7th player I fought a battle/mage like me that I actually won and that fight could have gone either way tbh!

Have to say it was immense - the blood was up!

Most people were using Adjudicater shields +5 with very fast health regeneration and as soon as you hit them they would just heal up!

One guy was equipped with a set of claws on each hand and no shield and was very good tbh, although I did give him a run for his money!

Having a bit of trouble with the Flamlurker.

I'm mainly using soul arrow ( leveled up about 4 times ) and it's hardly doing anything , the same with my Melee weappons , i'm just wasting loads of grass and old spice , but still not beating him.

I used soul arrow and just kept on rolling to avoid her attacks. Oh and equip the ring of magical sharpness.

If you want to do her easily use a bow, equip the thiefs ring, run and hide until she can't find you and fire arrows!

Ive got the purple fire shield , but it's too heavy for me to move , i walk at a very slow speed ( even trying to run ) i'm strength 30 with a SL od 38????????

What armour are you wearing?

Check your equippable weight it needs to be less than half that of your total equipable weight if you want to roll fast.

NB thats a lot of stat in strength so focus on crushing weapons as these give you a strength stat bonus

Take off the brushwood - looks like you beat Miralda;)

Its way too heavy for you and me!

Only weigh to wear heavy armour and to be fair they do look :cool: is to level up your endurance stat as this increases equipable weight.

Ive had a change of tact.

Ive ditched the heavy amour and gone for a mix of wizards/black leather ( kinky c**t ) with the purple flame shield.

Beat Fools doll ( whatever shes called ) and flamelurker , rolling with the Great Club at the mo , but not sure it's me!

What weapon upgreads with the Fools Doll Demon Soul?

I roll in the black leather armour too!

Use it for soul light - a much more powerful soul arrow, ps that tower of Latria was creepy s**t wasn't it!

I roll in the black leather armour too!

Use it for soul light - a much more powerful soul arrow, ps that tower of Latria was creepy s**t wasn't it!

How does that work then? have you got to do anything or be a certain level to get it?

Ive just put the Sage's clobber on , is that any good?

Got the Adjudicators shield as well.

Did you rescue Saint Urbain from the tower of Latria? 3-1

He teaches the spell, if you didn't rescue him you need to back to 3-1 quick smart;)

And before you ask me where he is... demon souls wikki ;)

Is that Sage Frake or whatever is name is or the blue spirit bloke? i rescued them , but never learnt the spell. Somebody killed Sage Frake when i went back , so i collected his clobber!

Ah you have rescued Yurt then from 3-2??

Makes sure you kill Yurt ASAP! Seriously take him down as he will start killing everyone in the Nexus.

No Saint Urbain is not Sage Freke, Saint urbain is trapped in a cell in 3-1

It is a top game , anyone with a PS3 ( who likes adventure/RPG/action games ) should buy this TODAY!

I'm looking forward to start it again already and ive still got loads/hours to do!!!!!!!

I met my first invading Phantom earlier at the Adjudicators archstone ( a real easy place to grind out 4500 souls ) he/she leatherd me. + i had a summon helper , the phantom leathered us both!

You can get 7k souls every 30 seconds at the 4-2 archstone by killing the first manta, reaper and then suciiding and repeating! Oh need ring of avarice equipped!

I'm currently on 45K souls per soul level - ouch! Just about to finish too, only the final boss left.

I think it's better than Uncharted 2.

I don't mind the game being hard , but a couple more save point per level , or a couple of save stones or something , would be nice!

Each level does have a shortcut to the final boss though, sometimes they need unlocking, sometimes they are already there as in 2-2.

Got the final boss today False King Allant oh and the blue dragon first! I may get a couple of blue phantoms to help me though:eek:

Completed at soul level 87. Did the last boss easily with a few blues! Got invaded by a black phantom and I bet he wished he hadn't as all 3 of us just turned on him - massacre;)

LOL New Game + is like twice as hard, even the dregling soldiers in 1-1 caught me out:eek: But I didn't lose my life and tbh stormed the entire level inc boss in 20 minutes! First time round on 'easy' was more like 4.5 hours!

Because I was in body form a Black phantom invaded me! Only thing is he ran straight past me as I was in the area where Miralda was. I touched the fog gate to do the boss and he was instantly killed:eek: A bit lame on my behalf not engaging in the fight but I was carrying 200,000 souls and didn't want them robbed!:eek: