ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3] Demon Souls

First impressions is , great game , slow ( thats what i want ) , but i think the right back to the start of the level aspect will drive me MAD! ie keep getting killed by the knight with the red eyes ( about 2/3 hits and your dead ) , ive read the messages on the floor about Turpentine and his backs his weak point , but still.....2 hits and your dead , and it's all the way back to the start with all the enemys back!!!!!!!!

Firstly ignore the red eye knight you are not nearly strong enough to kill him yet. A level 30 charachter is required. You are level 3 or something to start with! The only thing behind the red eye knight is a locked door (which when unlocked much later on leads to an even tougher fight).

It can be frustrating going back to the start but believe it or not the entire level is very short, a five minute run through for my battle Mage!

Best advice is to learn from your mistakes - inch forward with your shield up and ignore the red eye knight! go through the fog and get to the dragon!

Oh and a 'shortcut' does open up eventually in that level to save you going all the way through it!

Remember the scene in the Matrix where he gets so powerful he's 'playing' at blocking the moves of Agent Smith? Well that will be you with the red eye night in about 20 hours;)

Last edited:
Firstly ignore the red eye knight you are not nearly strong enough to kill him yet. A level 30 charachter is required. You are level 3 or something to start with! The only thing behind the red eye knight is a locked door (which when unlocked much later on leads to an even tougher fight).

It can be frustrating going back to the start but believe it or not the entire level is very short, a five minute run through for my battle Mage!

Best advice is to learn from your mistakes - inch forward with your shield up and ignore the red eye knight! go through the fog and get to the dragon!

Oh and a 'shortcut' does open up eventually in that level to save you going all the way through it!

Remember the scene in the Matrix where he gets so powerful he's 'playing' at blocking the moves of Agent Smith? Well that will be you with the red eye night in about 20 hours;)

Crazy!

Thanks

Bad news TBH.

It's a great game , but the RIGHT back to the start of the level ( no save points/cheak points ) make it unenjoyable imho.

You could be a good hour into a level , after taking your time , killing everything then you get killed......right back to the start with ALL the baddies back in place.

Case in point

The second world , in the mines , working my way through it SLOWLY after being killed loads of times , i get to a round room ( yep it was my choice to go in the room ) with a 3/4 fire lizards on the wall , but their is a lovely shiney light on the floor! ( a pick up ) i go in and all the fire lizards fall off the wall and trap me in there killing me.

OFF , turns off PS3 devo'd , don't want to play it again......tonight anyway!

Where's the fun in that?

^^You'll learn ;)

Honestly I can run through any of those levels in minutes, why didn't you kill the lizards first? The pick up wasn't going to go anywhere?

The game operates to a very strict set of rules but doesn't waver from them!

PS use a spear on that level it kills the miners a lot easier

Where do i get the ring of flame resitance? Fighting the ammor spider....would be a lot easier if his fire didn't fry me.....never mind the DRAGONS on level 1.

I think its in 2-1, tbh it doesn't add much

Tip just stay right at the start of the tunnel and safely fire arrows at him!

You could always get the purple flame shield by killing the red dragon in 1-2 with arrows? Takes about 100 arrows and 30 minutes but its a great shield! Shield can then be collected from its roost in 1-1.

You could always get the purple flame shield by killing the red dragon in 1-2 with arrows? Takes about 100 arrows and 30 minutes but its a great shield! Shield can then be collected from its roost in 1-1.

Yeah , i killed the dragon with a cross bow , took about 170 bolts. I don't know if i'm doin anything wrong , but everything ( weapon/armor/shield ) i pick up i'm not strong enough to equip it. I'm on soul level 24 now.

Ran through the fog after beating the dragon in into that BIG Knight....got leathered , so went back and beat the amour spider..

Yeah , i killed the dragon with a cross bow , took about 170 bolts. I don't know if i'm doin anything wrong , but everything ( weapon/armor/shield ) i pick up i'm not strong enough to equip it. I'm on soul level 24 now.

Ran through the fog after beating the dragon in into that BIG Knight....got leathered , so went back and beat the amour spider..

I beat the big knight using magic, the melee trick is to go for its ankles and when it falls down attack its head.

With regard to not being strong enough to equip stuff, check the stat requirements of each item in the inventory screen - press square for detailed info.

Level 24 - you should be able to go back after that red eyed knight;)

I did the black world tendancy event in 1-1 today and defeated Black Phantom Miralda, got the brushwood armour set. Am aiming to develop a 'babys nail +5' weapon which should destroy people using the plauge;)

Oh Purple Flame Shield (pfs) needs a strength of +22 to equip, well worth it, am currently using a PFS +9 and theres not much it can't block with zero damage!

Mine arrived today so will try and play a little before my gf comes round for a little bit more fun fun ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Found this on another messageboard :

Personally, it's my game of the year so far and the main reason I bought myself a PS3 (again) after having played it over at my buddy's place.

I LOVE the atmosphere so much, I can't get enough of it. I'm about ~45 hours in it and its fascination still doesn't wear off. It's brutally hard, you die a million times and it's most probably the most frustrating game I've played in the last ten years, but it's never unfair which is what makes it so captivating because you always learn from mistakes and false steps. I can't think of any other game right now that comes even close to the satisfaction you get here when clearing certain boss areas and getting new upgrades, equipment or magic spells. It's definitely a must-have game for people who grew tired of dumbed down casual games that keep flooding the market for years now. Demon's Souls immediately grabs you by the scrotum and doesn't let go until you either finish it or surrender.

I also highly recommend to get the game bundled with its official guide. Usually, I hate playing with guides but there's soooooo much about Demon's Souls' uniquely complex-confusing mechanics which isn't covered in the manual, you'd definitely want to have it ready to hand.

Found this on another messageboard :

Its easily my game of the year! Soul level 75 at present and loving it! 52 hours in and so much more to go.

At Christmas its rumored all the worlds will be reset to pure white world tendeancy. This means a) the game will become a bit easier (yep only a bit lol!) Also all the white tendancy events will occour such as Miralda the executioner appearing in 1-1!

Oh and i've scrapped the babys nail +5 idea, I now want a +4 phosporous pole, Would love +5 but have already used a very rare colourless demons soul on the babys nail:(

Oh Purple Flame Shield (pfs) needs a strength of +22 to equip, well worth it, am currently using a PFS +9 and theres not much it can't block with zero damage!

Now i'm really confused as i'm on soul level 26 and still not strong enough to use it fully.

When i have it equiped it says in the little on screen HUD ability shortage???????

Now i'm really confused as i'm on soul level 26 and still not strong enough to use it fully.

When i have it equiped it says in the little on screen HUD ability shortage???????

Your soul level is the total of all your individual attribute scores, strength is just one of those individual attributes. Your probably strength 14 or something???

Your soul level is the total of all your individual attribute scores, strength is just one of those individual attributes. Your probably strength 14 or something???

Yeah 16.

Ive still got all my stones and stuff , ive not figured out how to use them yet and don't want to just waste them?

Stones as in splinters of hardstone etc? These are for upgrading weapons take them to Blacksmith Boldwin in the nexus or Blacksmith Ed in 2-1. Scrap that you can keep the stones with stockpile Thomas and it still counts.

If you mean the souls that you collect like a soldiers soul, simply equip and consume for more souls, if you mean the unique demons souls, these can be traded in with the sage, magicians etc in the nexus for better spells.

The Heater shield is next best at your level.

What sort of charachter are you trying to build? Melee, Mage, Archer etc??

Ok got mine, went for a knight, completed the first blob boos in the castle, the game is great, i love it. i dont get what the 1-2 1-3 means, are they boses within the same level? Also can i learn magic hand how do i know when ive leveled up?

Stones as in splinters of hardstone etc? These are for upgrading weapons take them to Blacksmith Boldwin in the nexus or Blacksmith Ed in 2-1. Scrap that you can keep the stones with stockpile Thomas and it still counts.

If you mean the souls that you collect like a soldiers soul, simply equip and consume for more souls, if you mean the unique demons souls, these can be traded in with the sage, magicians etc in the nexus for better spells.

The Heater shield is next best at your level.

What sort of charachter are you trying to build? Melee, Mage, Archer etc??

No i mean the demon souls , ive already up graded weapons and stuff , i'm building a mellee with a touch of magic.

As it stands i'm on Long sword + 5 , mail breaker + 6 , shiald ( might even be Heater ) + 4.

World (boleteria castle) is split into 4 levels, you have completed, the first which is called 1-1, then the second level of boleteria is called 1-2 and has its own boss the tower knight, then the 3rd stage is 1-3 and then 1-4, the second world has 3 stages, 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3 and so on
Ok got mine, went for a knight, completed the first blob boos in the castle, the game is great, i love it. i dont get what the 1-2 1-3 means, are they boses within the same level? Also can i learn magic hand how do i know when ive leveled up?

If you take flamelurkers red hot. Demon soul to blacksmith ed he will forge much stronger weapons with the demon souls that can be made using standard ores, for exaple your longsword+5 can be taken all the way to +10 but a dragon longsword+5 will piss all over a longsword+10.

Louis speak to sage frekes apprentice in the nexus to the right of blacksmit boldwin to learn magic

No i mean the demon souls , ive already up graded weapons and stuff , i'm building a mellee with a touch of magic. As it stands i'm on Long sword + 5 , mail breaker + 6 , shiald ( might even be Heater ) + 4.

No i mean the demon souls , ive already up graded weapons and stuff , i'm building a mellee with a touch of magic.

As it stands i'm on Long sword + 5 , mail breaker + 6 , shiald ( might even be Heater ) + 4.

If you take the soul from the demon Phalanx (in 1-1) and take it to Blacksmith Ed (2-1) along with a short spear +6, he will turn it into a scraping spear, a unique weapon that literally destroys armour!

It certaintly is!, What build are you doing?

Have you played online against other players yet? I might post up some pics or vids of my character with the Meat Cleaver Weapon!

Pure white world tendancy starts today for xmas. Check the wikki for more details, but is well worth making the most of. If you have completed 2-2 the dragon bone smasher sword appears at the start of 2-3 on the left!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There only seems to be you two playing this! Crazy really, given the review scores it's picked up. I guess it's because it's import only.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ahh cool. 3 people then. When I'm finished with Uncharted 2 and MGS4 I'll give this a whirl, definitely.

Its a very good game if you like that type of game. I used to play Dark age of camelot which is what WoW is arguably based on. It interesting as you never feel like you are alone as there are phantoms of other people playing the game aswell. It gives the feeling of an mmo.

Its complex, starting from today all worlds are pure white for xmas, so yes turn left at dragon god and get the keel smasher! You may have to return to the nexus to set WT though, just experiment. Everytime you die in bodyform the world goes -1 and every time you slay a boss it goes +3 or thereabouts! Tbh at this stage in the game I wouldn't worry too much! Read the wikki though as its invaluable
I still dont know how to alter WT yet.

How can i store souls in the Nexus? ive got some souls that i dont want to spend yet , but i will sooner or later get killed and lose them...