ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Help error & freezing? Laser??

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just gotten MW2 today and loaded it up ok 5 minutes in the game and it freezes so i turned it off and loaded it back up, played again 10 minute in and freezes and i turned off and back on then 15 minutes in and yet again it freezes. turned off the power on the back again. Then i put in GT for about 25 minutes no problem what so ever. Then i turned off the machine pulled out the power lead and signed in and then decided to check my trophy's and now it's saying 'an error has accurred' (80022A07), i noticed this error yesterday didnt think much of it.

Richy said it'll be the Laser can all these problems be the laser?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
last one i did was when the wallpaper on the main screen had sparkles!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
there was an update when i put the disk into the ps3 and there was another update prob was on the game itself, i didnt take too much notice on what numbers on the updates

Bumder With A Buffer
80022A07 is a trophy update error it seems...just keep trying to sync the trophies.

I'm 90% certain your freezing is laser related. The 20 odd I've repaired had the same symptoms for about a week and then stopped Reading discs altogether.

Either ring Sony and get it replaced or worst case (shameless plug! :eek:) I could fix it for you if Sony don't want to warrant your warranty.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yeah it's woking now my trophys, i'll give MW2 another go now see if it freezes again and i'll let you know how i get on

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
could it not be IW servers thats making it freezelike bad conection or something?

Bumder With A Buffer
IMO no. Especially if your playing single player,

the reason GT was okay is because it is installed onto your hard drive. You still need the disc in to play but it doesn't use the disc to load everything.

Cod4 ran straight from disc...you could here it sometimes if the volume is down on your tv. CodMW2 is the same, I don't think you can force it to install onto the hard drive either by the looks of things

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
aye. I've been on MW2 for 30 mins or so right from the 1st mission and it's ok so far