ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ps3 limited to 720p for 3d

well its a limit of hdmi1.3 as well so its not a surprise
If you're just dying to play 3D games on the PlayStation 3, you might be interested in the latest tidbit of information Sony let loose about 3D gaming on its console.

Sony on Friday confirmed that, when playing 3D games, the image on the screen will be limited to a resolution of 720p. Joystiq reports that even games that usually run at 1080p will be scaled down to fit this guideline.

Though the PS3 is capable of 1080p 3D playback, Sony's Simon Benson said that the higher resolution would mean sacrificing the 60 fps available with 720 (compared to the 24 fps for Blu-ray movies). Benson went on to assure his audience that most gamers probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, as trained computer graphics artists barely could.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i wonder if that means a ps3 3ds ish update or whether thats how it will be for ages

dunno i wouldnt think so it would mean re engineering the cpu/gpu to increase horsepower which could then lead to older games playing faster id say they would just keep it until the 4 comes out that way they will actually see if anyone really bought into the 3d tv/gaming thing

Theres supposed to be a 3D bit in Killzone 3 but reports are whilst its good your eyes can't cope with it for long so I can't see it catching on...