ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Lovefilm

SLK 350
Don't bother if you're thinking of subbing... absolute dogsh*t!

Stutters over WIFI (10Mbit), DIVX quality, clunky UI, very very limited selection of movies.

Don't bother. That is all.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its prety much beta.

Netflix pwns it, if it wasnt such a pain in the ass to set up.

Goliath I
I've used lovefilm for about 2 years, so as theyve started to add streaming on different platforms it's more of a bonus

Wouldnt get it just for ps3 use though

1998 BMW e46 323i
crap aint it. i've signed up for the 30 day trial, just to see what it's like,.. and err, it's crap

I've used lovefilm for about 2 years, so as theyve started to add streaming on different platforms it's more of a bonus

Wouldnt get it just for ps3 use though

I see it as the other way around.

If I could stream the most recent films, I'd get it fo sho.

The posting discs method is so slow. If your mate says to you 'Andy, watch BillyBob's Great Adventure' then you get home, add it to your list, wait til they decide what to send you next, watch that, send it back etc etc. Vs go online, click play and you watch it. That's the future. Just not by LoveFilm by the sounds of it.

Octy VRS
Big thread on AVF with a lot of complaints so I stayed well clear. Quality better that VHS but not as good as even DVD lol. Stuttering, freezing etc etc. I really thought it would be ok but it's shite.

Octy VRS
Don't think WiFi is the problem as a lot of people have it hard wired. It's just s**t. Hopefully they will get it sorted as it's only early days.

Clio 200 Raider
Streaming crappy even worse than dvd quality films fills with me dread.
I prefer to wait for the blu ray from love film just for the picture and hd audio

Well I'm clearly on my own then when I think its excellent.
Granted there aren't exactly many blockbuster-type films on there (at the mo?) but I've got my normal LoveFilm subscription for that. The quality of the straming was never going to be amazing, but it's hardly anything to winge about.

If you just fancy watching a random film, this is perfect - a sign of good things to come imo.

And I'd be amazed if Netflix doesn't buy LoveFilm in the future.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah it's not brilliant, weirdly enough before it was advertised like it is now it used would stream perfectly, but these days I get a lot of stuttering too. Guess the server they use could just be stressed.

Lovefilm has got to be the cheapest way to rent at the moment though. I agree Revels to a point, online streaming IS the future, and it DOES kick ass. But why is it so expensive compared to normal rentals???? £5 to rent a film for 24 hours on XBox Zune player, if they halved the prices I might look twice, but as it stands it's a bit of a piss take.

I just use my Lovefilm for games, got Black Ops and Medal of Honour at the moment. 9.99 for 4 games over the month 2 at a time, can't argue with that.

Octy VRS
I used to use Virgin on demand a few years ago and even back then it was excellent. Really good quality, I guess down to optical braodband. If it could be like that then there'd be no complaints.