ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Pre-order people: What launch game?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Unless you didn't already know, the PS3 is only being shipped with a composite cable (s**t!) and not component or HDMI. My advice for HD TV owners, buy a decent component or HDMI cable before to avoid getting a s**t one in a hurry on Friday/Saturday!

So this brings me on to..

I' think I'm going to get Motorstorm on Friday. Seems to be the most fun/graphical/exciting from the videos and reviews I've seen.

Theres ALOT of drivel as with any launch platform, its a shame since the console is sooo long awaited they couldn't put some proper sterling games out there but I guess thats life.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I saw you get "a free HDMI cable"... I won't hold my breath judging by the one which came with my Sky HD box... pretty piss poor.

Golf R soon...
I am getting Motorstorm, Resistance of Man and Call of Duty 3 with my ps3 on Friday. Getting it delivered. Ordered it from Game.

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you order from Play, you get the proper cable for freeeeee
according to my official PS magazine if you order from play you are unlikely to get the console on launch day.

I am getting motorstorm as visually it is amazing and also F1 for the same reason, plus its two games I will never be able to get on the 360.

I have a quite expensive Belkin HDMI cable

Golf R soon...
If you order from Play, you get the proper cable for freeeeee
according to my official PS magazine if you order from play you are unlikely to get the console on launch day.

I am getting motorstorm as visually it is amazing and also F1 for the same reason, plus its two games I will never be able to get on the 360.

I have a quite expensive Belkin HDMI cable

Got the same one! off ebay! Bargain!

Nippy white cup
I must admit I would probs go for either F1 or Motorstorm...but by far the most impressive thing I have seen on it has to be Little Big Planet....graphics are amazingly detailed (watch the vids on www.gametrailers.com ) for what they are but the idea looks like fun....not sure of the longevity (sp) of it all tho....

Chris

dk

911 GTS Cab

When was that printed/released Dave?

I had an email a few days ago that said they we still gauranteed for launch.
hmmm, not sure, its this months edition, they contacted all the retailers to see the chances and when they asked play I quote

'we asked if we would get one on launch day and were told 'probably not' '

i personally have gone with amazon as they do guarantee and i think after their last console launch can't afford to mess this one up.

what worried me about play is that sometimes things take 2 days but sometiems take 4-5 days etc.

Are they sending the ps3's by courier though for this launch???

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
ive already got my ps3 ^^ was playin ridge racer recently lol, same old but not as much EZ mode nemore! get nitrous too .. yes you guessed its the same easy drifting lol tap the square button and u drift

When was that printed/released Dave?

I had an email a few days ago that said they we still gauranteed for launch.
hmmm, not sure, its this months edition, they contacted all the retailers to see the chances and when they asked play I quote

i personally have gone with amazon as they do guarantee and i think after their last console launch can't afford to mess this one up.

what worried me about play is that sometimes things take 2 days but sometiems take 4-5 days etc.

According to the Play site, its in-stock and ready to go..

http://play.com/Games/PlayStation3/...GB_HDD_3_Games_+_FREE_HDMI_cable/Product.html

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I picked a Profigold tasty 2m HDMI cable in Brussels on Thursday for €60. Sorted. :) 1 for the PS3, 1 for the HD box.

I'm wiring it all in tomorrow when I get home as the PS3 runs on a basic kettle lead so as I have a large unit thing it all goes in I can have it all connected very easily. :)

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i got two hdmi cables, one for sky hd and one for hd dvd player. so i will just switch, prob will hardly play it anyway, only planning to buy one game at a stretch virtua tennis 3

dk

911 GTS Cab

According to the Play site, its in-stock and ready to go..

http://play.com/Games/PlayStation3/...GB_HDD_3_Games_+_FREE_HDMI_cable/Product.html
indeed it does, i wonder if anyone will get one the day before launch?

think how many ps3's will be in courier vans on friday, someones is going to get stolen by a dodgy delivery driver!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm buying F1, Virgin phoned me to confirm that my order was available for collection Friday at 6am.

Revels Mum & Sister
I will pick up Virtua Tennis, I allready have COD3, Motorstorm and Ridge Racer. Did have resistance but didnt like it

Motorstorm is highly reccomended though awesome game, COD 3 if you dont have it on the 360. Ridge Racer if you love Ridge Racer

The GT HD download is quite cool as well

dk

911 GTS Cab
anyone with an amazon pre-order, what date is yours saying for delivery as mine has always said 27th?

my games are shipping today from gameplay, if they hadn't had lot of bundles i didn't want i would have ordered the ps3 from them too as they are reliable.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
makes me laugh when people spend loads on hdmi cables. they aren't going to be any better than a £2 job!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Surprisingly mate, when I changed component cables from shitty OEM to 99.97% oxygen free, gold connectors etc, the b****cks of all cables for my AV system it did make a noticable difference. I geuss it depends how geeky you are but why scrimp on cables when you've spent s**t loads on the rest of you're setup is my ethos!

Dave, my PS3 is due for shipping on the 21st/22nd for a 22nd/23rd delivery, same with my games (all from Amazon).

Mégane RS
I work for Comet and we got 30 ps3's in store and 10 wii's, unpacked a ps3 and had a little go :), no hdmi cables or anything really

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So guy's and gal's i'm getting my ps3 when it comes down in price, so what are your thaught's on it graphics and gameplay?

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i aint bothered bought buying no games, maybe virtua tennis when i go usa. i rarely buy games, never find the time. i got a 360 and wii and hardly play them anymore. thought i would get a ps3 to complete the set of 7th generation and get a blu-ray player.

1.8 8v RSi
getting mine from tesco....getting it put by for me out in ware house...get 10% staff discount to....work out how much im saving....plus i got £20 in club card vouchers and i got my mum n dads £15 clubcard vouchers hehe ;) reducing the price down to £349.75 hehe;)