ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 size compaired to Xbox

GOLF GT TDI
look at the size difference

Attachments

• PS3 and Xbox.jpg
    PS3 and Xbox.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 142
  Mito Sportiva 135
How the tides have changed! The original Xbox looked like an old Beta Max machine!

Think adding the blu ray player was a bad call on Sony's behalf though...too expensive and makes it too bulky. People really into their films will want a dedicated one anyway.

1.8 Civic EX
holy s**t!! my 360 looks huge next to the Wii...don't think the PS3 would fit on my shelf....thats massive!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
i have read reviews but its always critic etc, i wanna see someone who has played the same game on each and which they prefer, hopefully unbiased. hhhmmmmmm

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Its making use of the extra processing speed etc thats the problem, from a developers point of view..

Never knew the size difference, f**king beast, still want want regardless.

GOLF GT TDI
they are both good for different games but overall the PS3 is alot better the graphics even witht the newly released games are awsome, apparently sony have been able to intergrate a piece of software in the blue ray that stops ps3 games from being played in another ps3 so if i use one in my ps3 no one else will ever be able to use that in there not sure if thats true

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
they are both good for different games but overall the PS3 is alot better the graphics even witht the newly released games are awsome, apparently sony have been able to intergrate a piece of software in the blue ray that stops ps3 games from being played in another ps3 so if i use one in my ps3 no one else will ever be able to use that in there not sure if thats true

Read about that somewhere to, some saying it had a recordable bit at the end of every game disc and the first time you insert it, it writes a serial number to the end.. think its bollox though.

Read about that somewhere to, some saying it had a recordable bit at the end of every game disc and the first time you insert it, it writes a serial number to the end.. think its bollox though.

so what happens if your ps2 breaks under warranty, does that mean they have to replace all your games to? i think that sounds like bullshit could make alot of hassle for themselves.

that ps3 is huge compared to the 360 i thought the 360 was massive when i had my ps2 aswell but that takes the mick.

Its making use of the extra processing speed etc thats the problem, from a developers point of view..

Never knew the size difference, f**king beast, still want want regardless.

There's also an issue with the PS3s operating system... Both the 360 and PS3 have this running in the background all the time (like a PC) but, while the 360s only uses 7% of the processing power, the PS3s uses a whopping 20% of the processing power so the PS3 loses some potential power there which seems a waste.

It does look big in the top pic!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Looking at that top pic again it seems wrong, photoshop?

Edit; the two side by side the ps3 is less than 2cm taller.

Last edited:
^^^ it looks taller but is still further away from the camera, the perspective makes the PS3 seem smaller than it is so the top pic is probally right.

^^^ that one isnt true life, they are both superimposed so you cant really tell if its accurate.

Looking at the shadowing on the top pic of this thread, if it is a photoshop its a damn good one!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Ive seen them side by side, trust me the top one is fake.

Shaunbrass showed me lol.

But really the top one is wrong. (Altough the owner of the first pic (i posted) is a guy called Shaun aka Fagin)

Last edited:
  FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
I have screenshots from the two machines above but tbh the camera does neither justice. At the minute there is little in it, software development will be interesting on each machine.