ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Was saying this to Louis last night but I'm really not that hyped for this now, the fact that they aren't available anywhere has taken the shine off for me. That, coupled with no games that really stand out at the moment = I can wait

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The exitement has been lost for me too, just need to wait for really big stock drops, likely be next month or March at this rate. I've been lucky enough to borrow my Nephews PS4 for the past couple weeks as i sold my PS4 Pro few months ago to which i regret now with knowing what's happening now. Shame i had to hand it back over today as he wants it back. So got nothing now.

Not many games i want to play to be honest other than Demon Souls, Astro, God of War. I've downloaded the free games that comes with the PS Plus also there's a free Shark game on PS Plus only for the the PS5 though on this months. Mainly i want to pay games that come with the PS Collection thingy. Would like to play Red Dead 2 on the PS5 see what the graphics is like, forgot how the PS4 Pro looks like compared to the PS4 original.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get one in my basket at John Lewis today (again) but sold out by the time I could proceed to checkout (again). f**king bots.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I went onto twitter this morning and Currys had some up for sale too around 08:30 or something. And some people said same thing had one in their basket and it disapeared. Was well over 100,000 people trying to get on their website too.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My missus might be leaving Waitrose soon so I need to buy a PS5 from John Lewis and use her discount before she does!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just had another quick look on Twitter this morning and people are posting information that ShopTo are back ordering a console , spare controller and 2 games just under £600. I’m not fussed but if other companies can back order, just order what you want and when stock comes back in you’ll get that priority. Pre Oder is just a waste of time at the minute.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I had it for years and barely ever used it. Nearly everything was available from other places for a better price that normally mitigated the discount.

Getting a PS5 is difficult already, if you limit yourself to one retailer because you get a 12% discount it's going to be even more difficult.

If you're prepared to wait though, then yeah it makes sense to use it.

If ShopTo, Base etc start doing bundles, they'll probably end up cheaper even after discount.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Someone posted a screenshot pic on Game website with a page full of console bundles but i cant find it myself on their site.

Can anyone else post it up please?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i maanged to get i the que with Game i joined when it was at 34 minutes and after a few seconds it went straight up to 52 minutes. Bots were jumping the que most likely. I waited and after about 30 minutes i got a notification saying all PS5's have sold out. Closest time sice release day to actually getting one.

Clio with a body kit
I got mine on release day from the second pre order from game. If there’s big queues expected I never go for the basic option. I picked mine up with a media remote. Cost about £40 more but probably a lot less people going for it. Seemed to work

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I got mine on release day from the second pre order from game. If there’s big queues expected I never go for the basic option. I picked mine up with a media remote. Cost about £40 more but probably a lot less people going for it. Seemed to work
Cheers for the heads up, I'll go for a less likely bundle next time.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I had it for years and barely ever used it. Nearly everything was available from other places for a better price that normally mitigated the discount.

Getting a PS5 is difficult already, if you limit yourself to one retailer because you get a 12% discount it's going to be even more difficult.

If you're prepared to wait though, then yeah it makes sense to use it.

If ShopTo, Base etc start doing bundles, they'll probably end up cheaper even after discount.

I think it's only 8% on electrical items, but every little helps... I've spent tons on there since she worked there, all stuff that definitely wasn't cheaper elsewhere! Though not saying that's always the case.

I'm not actually bothered about getting a PS5 at this point. Still playing PS4 games and my plan was to get one in April/May when the new years televisions are released. Now she might be leaving thought I'll get one if I can. If not I'll just wait it out :)

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's only 8% on electrical items, but every little helps... I've spent tons on there since she worked there, all stuff that definitely wasn't cheaper elsewhere! Though not saying that's always the case.

I'm not actually bothered about getting a PS5 at this point. Still playing PS4 games and my plan was to get one in April/May when the new years televisions are released. Now she might be leaving thought I'll get one if I can. If not I'll just wait it out :)

It’s 12%.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I’ve been trying to get one. It’s impossible. Unless you get very lucky or retailers start using capture the bits will always win the race.

My only hope is Sony soon flood the market and all the scalpers sat on stock are left having to sell at a loss.

Annoying as f**k, there are hundreds for sale on eBay.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I know a few people with PS5s and they’re playing Fifa and warzone. Doesn’t really seem to be a big incentive to buy one anytime soon, given that there are barely any current gen exclusive titles for the PS5. None that seem appealing anyway. It seems a little pointless paying over the odds for one, which many seem to be doing, when in reality all you’re going to be playing on it are PS4 games, lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, if I didn't get lucky the one time I tried, I wouldn't bother with a 5 at the moment. I don't even have a 4k TV to make the most of the graphics yet.

All I do is play Warzone, Cold War and Assassin's creed. Loading times on AC are fast though.
I tried Man hunter last night, a PS5 game. Deleted it after 20 minutes.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My sons controller has started playing up. The R2 trigger has gone limp, this problem was reported weeks ago so was only a matter of time I think. I wonder if Sony can replace it now as they were quoting 7-10 days for repair before!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yep! I wouldn’t be getting a PS5 anytime soon if I’d played all the PS4 exclusives either. I’ve always been an Xbox man and fancy a switch so all previous gen exclusives will be new to me. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do lol.

I’m mainly looking forward to playing unchanted and the last of us.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yep! I wouldn’t be getting a PS5 anytime soon if I’d played all the PS4 exclusives either. I’ve always been an Xbox man and fancy a switch so all previous gen exclusives will be new to me. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do lol.

I’m mainly looking forward to playing unchanted and the last of us.
Play Horizon Zero Dawn too👌. Bloodborn is good if your into the punishingly hard hack and slash stuff.

So far I don't see a reason to buy a ps5, I've still got loads of ps4 games to play and I have a ps4 so what's the point🤷‍♂️. I reckon people who have paid over retail will be kicking themselves because of the lack of games.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Play Horizon Zero Dawn too[emoji108]. Bloodborn is good if your into the punishingly hard hack and slash stuff.

So far I don't see a reason to buy a ps5, I've still got loads of ps4 games to play and I have a ps4 so what's the point[emoji2369]. I reckon people who have paid over retail will be kicking themselves because of the lack of games.

Will check these out!

My favourite series is Resident evil.

These days I’m more into single player campaign than online gaming.

The main reason why I sold my Xbox one was because of lack of exclusives and repeat releases of the same old.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Will check these out!

My favourite series is Resident evil.

These days I’m more into single player campaign than online gaming.

The main reason why I sold my Xbox one was because of lack of exclusives and repeat releases of the same old.
I only play warframe online with a mate I've gamed with for years. I cba with cod anymore, too old and slow for that s**t😂. I think I played the first tow RE games and never went back. I can still remember that bloody dog jumping through the window! 😱

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Been watching a couple streams of Hitman 3, not sure if that’s specific for PS5 but looks like fun. I purchased Maneater too and I’m not sure if I’ll play that either.

I’d like to play on Horizon Zero Dawn and hope they bring it out in PS Plus for free soon.

Been on Twitter and someone posted a pic of their basket on eBay trying to take the piss out of these scalpers.

Also is it worth purchasing a second controller.

Attachments

• 03AE38C0-D3C1-4CEB-B917-B0A9F176296C.jpeg
    03AE38C0-D3C1-4CEB-B917-B0A9F176296C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Maybe the controller is a one off. Haven’t heard of any issues from the controllers like yet.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

Interesting read. Not sure if any of yous saw the special on Amazon the other day on the controllers it was around £39 just for the day. only found out today. Most likely they’ll do a updated version on it at some point

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have a 4k TV and with no 1440pp support I sold mine on release day to a found lad up the road who had games and a spare controller and had been scammed on the console.

I'm going to hold off getting another.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Havn't heard any new news about the native 1440p resolution, but if we keep perstoring Sony as a lot of people have, you never know. I'm still holding off the monitor for some time maybe next year defo not this year like.

There's loads and loads of people advertising consoles and bundles on Twitter, and one person on there is actually bragging she's scamming people and got £1000's of pounds worth from peoeple who fell for it.

Has any of you's tested the Livestream feature on the PS5 to YouTube? When i do Livestreams to YouTube I'm just wondering if i can also press the share button to save a video clip whilst it's still on Livestream? Just wonderign if that's possible.

Also i saw a link where God of War is getting a patch sort of like getting a graphics upgrade for the PS5, also The Last of Us Part 2 is getting a upgrade too

Last edited: