ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puddles In My Car!

Clio Sport 172
Hi everyone,

Just bought my Clio Sport a few months back, but already hit my first problem..
Somehow water is getting into the cabin to the point where theres literally puddles in the car. The worst areas seem to be under the driver and passenger seats, but i dont think its coming through the door seals!

Anyone got any ideas?
If it helps its a 172 Sport - 2003

Cheers

Civic Vtec y0
Would also like to get some more info on this? My Mrs Mk2 has the same problem, I assume all the seals and stuff will be the same on the 1.2 and the 172?

Hers is only on the drivers side tho, I have siliconed the drivers door seal again but the problem is just as bad! Its not the sunroof, thats dry, so dont know where else it could be :(

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
can only really suggest peeling back the carpet and having a look. might be something up behind the dash

Clio 172 Cup
can be a blocked sun roof drain tube as they run down the A piller on most cars, from what i have found from my R5 and my mates fiesta it that or the seal round the front screen.

best bet is to pull the trim out then go mad with a few buckets of water so you can see where it is coming from, need the seats and carpet out as you will have no chance of finding it.

Storm Grey 200
This has been covered before, i have had this problem, the drains were blocked under the scuttle panel, so it was over flowing into the car, might be worth sealing the heater fans, as it leaks through there.

Do a search, laura had a thread on the same issue, and there are alot of different solutions in the thread

t3 corolla 116bhp
if its a 172 as he says, then it wont have a sunroof hence no sunroof drains

maybe its the seal at the top of the door and is running down into the rear footwells?

Ph2 172
I would say it sounds like blocked drains under the scuttle panel. Mines did the exact same and had a puddle of water in the drivers side front and rear footwells

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea blocked scuttle panel drains or a leaking heater box seal. Eirther way it will let a vast amount of water in. where do people come from (what area)