ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulled by police

Engles Mummy

I was being followed by the police all threw Chelmsford town, i had no idea if he was actually after me or just going the same why i did. I turned off down moulsham street and floored it to 30, he then floored it and caught back up with me. So at this point i was laughing with a m8 thinking we are getting chased by a copper (sad i know)

So when we reached the end, he decided to flash all his lights and at that time i never new what the f**k to do, so i just guessed and pulled over. The two blokes came out and said in a cocky voice " Do you know why we have pulled you over", i said "No", he said while tapping on my window "these are illegal".

He asked for my driving license ect ect but never asked for my insurance papers, he said how did i afford the insurance on this car (he thought it was a 2 litre) i said i just played my dad money to put it on his.

Well anyone they gave me this notice saying what i have done and what needs to be changed, i got 10 days to sort it! Such hassle which i don’t need at the moment.

Plus everyone was walking passed my car like i was some rude boy racer who got caught. all respect gone? or more respect gained? lol

Cheers, Adam

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

im presuming you mean your tints on the windows?

yes they are illegal on the front side windows.

Engles Mummy

yea, I new they were not allowed but i also remember something about if they came from renault like that, it was legal(which they did)

The front side windows actually had barely nothing on them, you could clearly see in from quite a distance back.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

so stopping someone for having an ILLEGAL car is a waste of time?

only playing devils advocate...

Engles Mummy

lol, yea they got this little device out. He measures the amount of light deficiency going through my window.

The legal requirement is 75% for side & front windows. I had 85% for the front, perfectly legal, and 35% for the sides, not so legal lol.

^^^ Agreed.

Although, as said before, unless they get some proof, like by doing a test, they cant really do a lot....

And as for renault supplying them/being legal, the laws could be different in Europe; this may be where the confusion lies?

Engles Mummy

Yea, he said that the manufacturers are allowed to put these tints on the car, just when they sell them they have to tell the buyer it is illegal ect. Which i think is completely stupid!

What i don’t understand is, if the government allows manufacturers to put illegal tints on there car, but doesn’t allow us to drive with them on...then why let the f**king manufacturers put them on?

Money making scheme?

I should really send a letter saying basically "if you want them off, take them off"

But i doubt that will get far lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

No... i mean as dark as you like on the back 2 windows and rear window...

I thought you could only not have tints on the 2 front ones

Clio 1.4, SV650S

suprised he didnt say anything about your car being on your dads insurance whhich is ropey IIRC.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i bet they never pull limos over.

didnt a lot of WRX scoobys (jap imports) have black rear windows? if they were illegal would they not have been took off when the car was checked at the import centre to make sure it is road legal

limos arnt tinted at the front and front sides i.e where the driver is, scoobys did have tinted windows but only on teh back and back sides

Shhh

Ensure your car is legal, then they cant pull you for minor things. Its when they pull you for then minor things, that they check the car over, and spot that bald tyre you have been running with till the end of the week / month till pay day.

Be the Grey Man

seems people are confused

he was pulled for having illegal tints on the front side windows

the rear side and rear screen can be 100% tint as effectively all you are doing is turnnig your car into a van

glad to see that they used their light meter, most cars carry one of these locally to me, yet they never seem to bother with one

10 days rectification notice is standard for an offence like that

clio 16v

as with other illegal things like knives, the seller is prosecuted for selling tehm, why not so with tints?? easy target motorists?? more ways to make money by fining us! I think so. Howevere front tints do impair your vision which could be dangerous!

The seller wouldnt be prosecuted because they arent illegal, much like neon underside lights, any sort of blue light on the car etc. All perfectly legal unless you head on to a public road.

Its not the sellers responsibility to ensure you are just using the car you fit them to as a track car or something.

clio 16v

but its pretty obvious tho isnt it? on that same presumption, you could argue that selling a knife to a man with blood on his top, was just a butcher, and not a murder who has just broken his last knife??

Sorry, but you are responsible for the car you drive. Not who sells it. Its like saying "I bought this car with an MOT, next day I got stopped and a tyre was bald" or "Ive had my MOT done yesterday and it passed, yet today I got stopped because my headlight wasnt working".

At all points in time you are responsible.

Mark

williams 2 turbo

i had the same thing a few weeks back, they got the vehicle inspectorate down, spent ages going over the car, and then dicided my tints were 0.7% too dark! and made me remove them. ive now got a big sticker on my back window with "offical police ramdom stop test vehicle" on it. let see how that goes!

diamond geezer you are gonna get done big style if you get caught doing anything remotely bad with that on your car. Thats pig-baiting. Youll be on the forum next week moaning you got done and cant understand why

williams 2 turbo

after being pulled 46 times last year im after blood. the police complaint people will soon know me by my first name. p.s. its a laugh enit!

williams 2 turbo

conker, thats a new one, basically we did that paintjob as were starting a paintshop up and needed somthing to get it noticed. but as you dont like it i will changed it immediatley!