ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pulled over for h.i.d's??

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
Hi guys anyone been pulled over for h.i.d's??

im on the urge of buying them after pretty much everyone seems to have them??

i have standard reflector headlamps, but this doest seem to bother most of people i have seen with them..

just want to get rid of this...vv
Photo1696.jpg

I wouldn't do it, purely for the reason they look crap with those lenses. Some people with replicas have the halo-projector headlights, but don't use the halo obviously.

My brother knows a couple of people that have been told to remove them, and have a garage check them, but not points. Trouble is, those reflectors aren't designed to have them in, and reflect/refract the light in a blinding pattern.

If you don't have projector type lights, you shouldn't install them, quite often they do cause issues with being far too bright.

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
looks like im sticking with halogen bulbs then :( and going with white ones :(

any one no any good clead h7's? that dont just look yellow?

Nissan 350z
PIAA bulbs are the best you can buy. Set you back about £50 per pair but are deffinately worth it and i wouldnt fit anything else now.

looks like im sticking with halogen bulbs then :( and going with white ones :(

any one no any good clead h7's? that dont just look yellow?
Type 'Xenon H7' into eBay and buy some shitty £5 ones. They work wonders and look so much better than HID! I had them on my Clio before I got the Xenons, and on my Scoob currently.

Toyota MR2
i ran HID's in standard lenses for about 7 months. never had issue's with police. they pulled me over for no rear wiper and never complained about the hids :S

got rid of them come MOT tho as they wont pass.

I am running H7 6000k HIDs on my car atm.

Not had any trouble with the police at all but I did get some flashing from other drivers when I first put them in.

I have no lowered them to #2 of the headlight adjusters and haven't had any problems since.

Dm

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
i had 6000k hid's on my carsa and standard lights and never got pulled and it also went throught 2 mot's fine just had to adjust the beam

If you get them checked over at an MOT centre with one of those beam machine thingys then the chances are they might not be too bad.

It's the kids who order them on ebay, whack 'em in, and that's that. Go around blinding every other road user.

I wish the police would crack down on it to be fair.

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
Ive decided, im going to get the H.i.d's fitted next week,

then next pay day, buy some projectors, as im eager, to get some h.i.d's :) and get rid of that horrible blue reflection!

hopfully everything will be ok untill i can afford the projectors.

Cheers Clio sport people

Ive decided, im going to get the H.i.d's fitted next week,

then next pay day, buy some projectors, as im eager, to get some h.i.d's :) and get rid of that horrible blue reflection!

hopfully everything will be ok untill i can afford the projectors.

Cheers Clio sport people

You're going to get a set of cheap ones, then next pay day, buy some proper clio projector HID lights?

Why not wait a bit lol, you don't have to have blue bulbs in there. :D

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
Plan of action:

1).get H.i.ds fitted to my reflector lenses ( HIDUK not chinese )
2.) next pay day buy the 1*2 projector headlamps
3.) transfer the h.i.ds to the projector lamps

I just hate halogen bulbs :(

Plan of action:

1).get H.i.ds fitted to my reflector lenses ( HIDUK not chinese )
2.) next pay day buy the 1*2 projector headlamps
3.) transfer the h.i.ds to the projector lamps

I just hate halogen bulbs :(

Ah, just make sure that the HIDs will fit your current lights, and the projector lamps. They may be a different fitment.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Proper RS xenons are the only way to go. HID kits retrofitted into the standard units really do look rubbish, and they also annoy other road users. It's not nice being sat in front of someone with them fitted.

Iceberg 172
I fitted HID's to a few of my old cars but they had Projector headlights... 106 had aftermarket projectors (not angel eye ones) and my e36 beemers had projectors as std but with halogen bulbs.

I wouldn't fit HID's to the std style headlights as they do look s**t, and they blind everyone! 172 Xenon's are the only way to go (Not 182 ones as they're grey and don't look as good imo).

'03 Clio 1.2 Billabong
Go for it...Get a hid kit and fit them to the standard headlights they do look alot better...I fitted a 8000k kit on my standards about 9 months ago and never been pulled over and it passed the MOT with no problems :cool: