ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Punctured Tyre

Golf TDI
I got out of the car when i got to work today only to hear a hissing noise coming from the front left tyre ! had to fill that tyre up yesterday as it went down but i thought it was kids or someone !!! basically the trye still has quite a bit of tread on it....iv been told that i can just have a inner tube sorta thing in it for now until the threads gone !? is that n e good ? first tyre iv had to change !! ( first car lol ) how much we looking at for one ? or is it best to just get a new tyre .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Depends on what's caused the tyre to go down i.e , puncture , valve leaking . If it's just a nail and depending on where the puntcure is it can most probably be repaired , unless the puncture is in the sidewall .It usually costs around 8 quid to have it repaired with a patch .

Polo Bluemotion
i had a nail thru my front left tyre on weds! i put my spare on, and took it to ats, which was the nearest place. They wanted £19!! i told them to get lost, and went to an independant tyre place, and got it done for £7.50, repaired+balanced+fitted. Apparantly wen u hav a front tyre repaired, its a good idea to get it re balanced

Golf TDI
Gna take it to kwik fit tmora and c wa they say. Dnt kno wen it happened and how ! Cudnt find where the hissing was cumin frm either .

Golf TDI
took it today , turned out i had drove over 2 !! big nails lol they were imbedded in the tyre ! they they have turned round and said my two back ones r getting low :(

Dynamique+ 1.4
my local ats wanted £16 for a puncture repair i was in a rush today to get one done and had a screw removed from one of my front ones, patched up fitted and re balanced for a tenner from an independant tyre place i was in a rush on my dinner break so he had it done in 10mins for me!