ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puretech racing f1 simulators

PH1 iceburg
It is my birthday today, thanks for the happy birthday thread fcuk faces.

My wife suprised me with a trip down to puretech racing near gatwick. Puretech racing is a company which build f1 simulators for some of the big f1 teams. last year they decided to launch an F1 experience in the form of 10 of these simulators hooked up together.

The cost of the experience was £35 which started off with a drivers briefing, how to control the cars and details of the circuit. Then it was on to the simulators for a 12 lap practice. we then went back to the brifing room and were given data sheets which showed a graph of the lap record and how we compared to it, showing areas we could go faster.

After the practice i had qualified 2nd. Next it was on to the 14 lap grand prix which after a shaky start i came in 1st :)

The whole setup there is amazing. Each simulator costs in excess of £125,000. They had a cafe for cakes and refreshments and even a range of ex F1 cars on display. The staff are great, really helpfull and friendly. This is there flagship store and i asked about other ventures across the country and they said it is a possibility in the future but a lot of there work is taken up in developement. The actual imulators are built in a warehouse next to the shop.

The simulators are amazingy realistic. They say you can feel up to 1.5g.

This would be a great place for a CS meet, they had a massive carpark and when i mentioned CS they said they would be more than happy to accomodate.

Long drive for me from Milton Keynes to Gatwick though.

Pics

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Is this the old Audi Garage in Horley? Drive past it all the time but didn't realise it was quite that good!

Will have to pop in now for sure :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Is this the old Audi Garage in Horley? Drive past it all the time but didn't realise it was quite that good!

Will have to pop in now for sure :)

It is indeed! I've been twice, it's awesome :)

Defo a CS meet.....

The only annoying thing is that the lap time for the 'test sessions' they offer were set before a change to the first chicane, which you used to be able to cut across. So everyone is 50kph down through that chicane and it leads onto a straight :(

They may have changed it now tbh.... I havn't been for a while.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'm trying to push for a volume discount and a group event/layout.

If you get 10 people it works out at £30 per head but I think we will easily be talking 20 people so I want more of a special price :cool: