ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Purpose of bonnet vent

On valver/willy. Is it to help cooling the engine?

If you put a normal bonnet on a valver would it run too hot?

I got a buldge u can have, if you have it grafted onto a normal bonnet

otherwise a new valver bonnet from reno is 120 inc, but u will need to source the vent!

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Ive noticed the faster I go(70+), the cooler the engine gets, which is a good sign that its working pretty well!

mk1 172

weight, i will have that buldge if you are offering mate, have you pics ?

send me mail, mailto:darc@hizhoos.fsnet.co.uk">darc@hizhoos.fsnet.co.uk

A bonnet vent aka Subaru/Mitsubishi is used to draw air to the turbo intercooler so fitting a subaru type bonnet vent to anything but a subaru is kinda stoopid. Unless ur trying to claim you have a turbo under there. A bonnet vent like the super 1600 or williams/1800 16V is as mentioned to cool the inlet manifold. It causes a pressure change from the air at the front ot the air at the rear of the engine and forces air movement past the manifold. Of course having no bonnet would work a lot better!

"so fitting a subaru type bonnet vent to anything but a subaru is kinda stoopid. "

But it makes your car look more aggressive and is a good thing cos then losers move out of ya way :devilish: and improves the styling looks of the car.

The valver to me looks like an angry French Bulldog with its bulge...all squat & wide & scary & makes ya poo yaself when ya see it in ya mirror behind (like my missuss Clio does to me but she dont get past cos she is a slow-ass mutha..err only kidding luv ;))

BMW 320d Sport

LOL rsshawn thats a quality answer!:D Im not one for bonded on vents or bulges but its true a proper bonnet with a factory bulge or vent looks mean.

dont get me wrong i like the look of my 172 but compare a normal clio to a 16v/willy even to the untrained eye you now its a good one, but the amount of people thet think I drive a 1.4 and there not winding me up. reno could have come up with a bit of imagination,. sorry slightly off topic

No - people wont move out of your way - but theyll probably move over to have a right laugh at a subaru wannabee. Stick to a 16V bonnet if you must but a ferrari F50 vent on a Focus is a waste of money. If you must add a subaru vent????? Add a whistle device to you r exhaust to com-plete the effect!

Totally agree with you RSTDL, wouldnt even consider putting anything like scooby scoop or extra vents or whateva on my valver, totally love it the way it is.

Shawn was just sayin that if well modded cars are what you are into, and if done properly (ie no ripples or bad joins) scoops and vents can improve the styling of a car, dependant on your taste.

Unfortunately tho, there are a few people who think that their shoddy DIY stick on vents look really good, then they are worth pointing and laughin at.

Have much respect for out there modders who have plenty of cash to spend, but personally i like my vavler with more subtle modds (ie after market wheels, lowered ect)

dont worry pete about people thinkin you have a 1.4, at least you have the element of surprise;), but i agree that reno could of made it stand out a bit more.

RSSHAWNS BIRD