ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puting Windows in MK 1 (drivers side)

I have to put a new driver’s Side window in my MK1 as I got loads of angle grindings on it. Went to scrape yard to practice, Ended up smashing 2 windows :-( How the hell do you take theses driver’s side windows out with out smashing?

(Move if this in wrong place:))

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
It's a bit of a ball ache but by the sounds of it u've got to the bit where u need to remove that plastic clip (which u may brake so make sure u have a spare from the windows u've smashed...lol)

It's not easy but thats all u need to remove now and it will slide out.

Caddy Maxi
exaclt as you said there is a white clip, if its fitted as it should be there is a little lip on the side of the clip nearest where the door card shoudl be in front of, they are stiff as fook if they havnt been removed you just need to push it in the direction that the lip is facing (so if its still original push it down towarnds the ground), dont be a weak ***** about it either as they are usually stiff as i said the bottom of the glass should then pull off the stub thats remaining and come out a piece of piss, your current method will never work as the clip must be removed first