ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QTR mile yesterday

Thank you all for your advice over the last two weeks! I went for my first time yesterday to Avonpark raceway!! I had three runs not the best ones i have seen but not bad (lot of wheel spin).

Can anyone guess my best time?

Totally standard 2003 172 + 3/4 tank of petrol!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I got a 15.4 @ crail with half tank, standard 172.. so thats my guess.

Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 18 April 2004

Was avon park busy mate? how was the weather?
Nar not to bad but it dent get started till 12.30ish, there was only about 5 normal cars there all the rest were proper drag cars! Was a great day thou as there was only one stopage and after the run i was back in the que (which was moving fast)!!!!!!!!!

The weather was another thing my mate recorded all my 3 runs and got sun burn!! :cool:

I dont know about that im sure you have a few mods to yours zorst filter! What was your exact time and MPH??

The guesses are close!

Lee

BMW M2C

15.3 is dam good for your first attempt. I ran that my first time out but it took me a while to get down to 15.1. 14.9 this year when I get chance to go. :devilish:

Congrats. :D

You got a bit quicker mate :D

15.345 @91.09MPH :D

Needed to go for a drive before really as i miss judged the amount of petrol in the tank (3/4). Saying that thou not bad as its as i got it from new from the dealer!!! May have to get a few mods for it so i can get under 15.000!!!

I am well happy with my time thou bring on Santa pod!!!

EP3 Civic Type R

thats a good time mate... I beat you by virtually nothing... id call it squats... I ran with same fuel as well.... I reckon a 172 could do sub 15 with an amazing start

Clio 197

I did about 260 miles on the track Sunday...

The fun really starts long after the 1/4 mile mark.

Nissan Jewk

Id be up for going rwyb, we should organise a meet and make it a cliosport day, show these RS turbo and GTi boys a thing or two!