ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Amps

308, Fusion

I already have a amp, sub n 6x9 runnin in my car, n i can get another sub, same size n watt, but im wondering wat kinda amp would i need for it 2 run 2subs and 6x9s?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

a 4 channel amp

sounds like yours may be (or a 3) have u got spare speaker outputs? one + and one -?

Polo + Micra

yeah sounds like you have already got a 4 channel amp

maybe use that for the subs and buy a little 2 channel for the 6x9s

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

depends on the impedence of the subwoofers.

Personally i would get a monoblock amp to power both subwoofers (id guess your subs are 4 ohm SVCs so 2 subs into this mono block would show an impedence load of 2ohm) Look for the RMS figure of your sub woofers (max power wattage ratings are b****cks!!) and tehn look for an amp that puts out just below the combined RMS valeus of the subs, so if yuor subs are 250wrms each, get a 500wrms monoblock, and this sill send 250wrms to each. this is providing your subs are 4 ohm SVC. what subs are they?

As for the 6x9s remove them from your car, and put them in the bin, then amp your front speakers, either get a 2 channel or a 4 channel and bridge it o send more power to the fronts.

or like said above you can get a 4 channel amp, run the subs off channels 3 & 4 and low pass them, and run the 6x9s (if you must!) offchannels 1 & 2 high passed.