ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about lowering springs..

renault clio 1.2 16v
wouldnt be best on coil overs? just imo ride would be aweful, cheap but aweful, ive done mine on 35mm on springs and tiny pot
holes gives me shiver going over them lol just thinking ya can get ok coil overs for decent price

nik

1.4 clio dynamique
wouldnt be best on coil overs? just imo ride would be aweful, cheap but aweful, ive done mine on 35mm on springs and tiny pot
holes gives me shiver going over them lol just thinking ya can get ok coil overs for decent price

nik

Where would you recommend for coilovers Nik? I'm just having a browse through the internet now with my boyfriend and we can't seem to find anything below £500.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Go on ebay, and look for some raceland coilovers theres a bloke in france who sells them for around 180ish i think, as long as its not a sport. or just type clio coilovers sort by price cheapest first! Hope that helps!

renault clio 1.2 16v
cant remember the name but a while back there was coilys on ebay for like £250 they was good deal but like i said cant member the name of them..wernt best but good ones was a thread few month back on them just tryin ta help =)

nik

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
cant remember the name but a while back there was coilys on ebay for like £250 they was good deal but like i said cant member the name of them..wernt best but good ones was a thread few month back on them just tryin ta help =)

nik

Roker or something like that iirc

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Rokkor do cheap coilovers, search them on ebay, so long as youre running 58mm bolt spacing!
theyre still budget stuff, but you get what you pay for!

lowering 60 Mega meters is a hell of a long way!

bad advert for non branded gear?? id steer clear,

if you have to go for springs, go for something branded like eibach, apex, spax or similar!

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Would need shortened shocks ad say wouldn't be much holding the rear springs in place

Westy. MX5
I think you might have trouble staying on the road with budget -60mm. springs and no other mods. Stick with the tried and tested. Eibach sportline for you Miss. Usually some for sale in the Cliosport ads. £70 'ish.