ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about offset and et

Ph 1 172
Sorry if this has been asked tons of times before but I can't find a definitive answer.

My oz f1 alloy wheels on my phase 1 172 are fucked so I need some new wheels, I found some I like but don't understand all the et/offset/pcd

So the wheels details are as follows

15x7
Et40
4x100 pcd
67.1mm centre bore

Will that Fit my phase 1 172?
Also what do you think of aftermarket alloys when the car is on standard suspension I don't really want to lower it at all, been there and done that kind of enjoy more comfort.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
1. Size and width of the rim
2. Et is how far the stick out from the hub, those will be fine
3. 4x100 is what the clio is
4. The round hole in the middle of the wheel, that sits on the hub. You will need spigot rings that make the hole smaller as yours is 60.1. So 67.1>60.1 rings, check ebay.

:)

2003 Clio 172
^Sums it up well!

A lower ET means the wheel would sit further away from the centre of the car. A higher ET vice versa, of course.

Ph 1 172
Brilliant thank you.

Second questions do you think after market alloys might look a bit stupid on a normal phase 1 without lowering it?

2003 Clio 172
Brilliant thank you.

Second questions do you think after market alloys might look a bit stupid on a normal phase 1 without lowering it?

Personally I think they all look a bit stupid without at least lowering springs. :smile:

Don't worry about it, it'll look fine!
What wheels did you have in mind?

Ph 1 172
Rota grids.... I was going to go for turinis... But I don't think they suit phase 1's and the oz ultraleggas and the speedline 2118's look silly in 15's. I really want to stick to 15's hence why I thing the Rota grids will look nice.

Only recently got rid of my coilovers as they did my head in and I only had them as I hated lowering springs harsh ride.

Basically I'm old lol... Oz f1's are made out of playdough as well from the looks of things.