ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about virgin media being slow

BG 182 (full fat)
Basically we have just got virgin media broadband 10mbs. there is 3 laptops in my house, 2 of them are getting good upload speeds 10+mbs and 15+ when we do a speed test, but the other one (brand new sony vaio) is getting 0.95 upload speed , sometimes pushing 1.5/2. has anyone got any idea why this is happening, cheers

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You must mean download speeds, right?

What equipment are you using (modem and router)?

BG 182 (full fat)
virgins own which is a netgear i think, yes both upload and download speeds are in the region of 0.90/1.3, its really frustrating as my sisters and dad have no problems what so ever, surely it cant be my laptop? cheers

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If you're on 10Mb, then an upload of around 1Mb is correct. Given that two other laptops are working fine, an issue with your laptop is more likely than a VM issue.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You need to tell us the make and the model of the router, plus how it is currently set up for wireless (the settings on the router). Plus the spec (details on the Wireless cards) for the three laptops.

BG 182 (full fat)
Ive figured it out, its a lack of signal as i tried the laptop in the front room (where the wifi router is) and it was really fast and great signal, as soon as i went upstairs into my room the signal went s**t and everything went slow again. Im having the same problem with my xbox 360, in my room i keep getting disconnected from xbox live but when im downstairs i can play for hours without getting disconnected. Im going to purchase a wifi booster, this one looks pretty ideal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390342973766 , what do you think?

Bus w**ker
2mb/s constant download on a 10mb cable line? :S

Anyway M4rk182, f**k the booster off and tbh wifi too for proper internet use. Get some power plugs and just run wired.