ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question for all you mad engine people!!!

mk1 phase 3
right, well my mate today told me there is a 172 engine for sale, he would absoloutely love to put one in my car, this is what he does! he's put a 206 180bhp engine in his 1.4 306, and now has bought a 205 and is gonna put it in that. he knows his stuff, but he just wondered what would he actually need and even if it will go in a mark 1 phase 3. i know i will need an ecu because it says it comes without in the ad.

i dont really know alot so any help would be greatly appreciated. but i love the idea of having a 172 engine and keeping the 1.2 badges. the sleeper look:cool:

thanks. ollie

Saxo VTS
You can make most things fit. Weather it's easy or not I don't have a clue.

On the plus side I did see some pictures of a Mk1 16v with a 172 lump in, the pics were forgien though.

mk1 phase 3
FincH said:
You can make most things fit. Weather it's easy or not I don't have a clue.

On the plus side I did see some pictures of a Mk1 16v with a 172 lump in, the pics were forgien though.

cheers finch. surely it cant be that different!! surely its nothing the disc cutter wont cut out:eek:

gonna look into it a bit more then, think its gonna cost me a bit though!

would be pure bangin though!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive seen the pics of the 172 lump in the valver too so i can assure you it will fit if you know what your doing, well if your mate does and it sounds like he does!

Half stripped mk2 172
Space frame it and fit a supercharged 454ci big block!! LOL

Just to tell you that basically you can fit anything.

Vince

2005 Nissan Navara
u'll need ecu and ignition master switch with key/transponder (its immobilised unless u have this), and he better be good at wiring.

or put it on bodies with standalone ecu

To fit a 172 engine you need to decide how you want to go abouyt it. using the stock mounts the engine due to the intake mandfold sits to high so you have to have a custom bonnet making and I'm not sure they'd be enough space to see out with. If you want to have custom mounts that one way or getting throttle bodies is another way.
Then to run it you can either rewire the whole car with a 172 looms or run a stand along ECU (which will run throttle bodies)

mk1 phase 3
well ill show him this thread and see what he says. forget to mention he put throttle bodies on the 180 engine. cant believe he is puttin it in a 205 :O